Main Menu

Rebellion, wheres my 2000ad MMO?

Started by r33dude, 07 June, 2006, 04:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spacemanspliff

r33dude welcome to the board...
now this game you propose are you thinking along the lines of world of warcraft? or maybe guild wars?..

yes the online gaming sector is worth a lot of cash...but have you played star wars galaxies or guild wars? and have you noticed that ALL games of that ilk after a certain amount of gametime has elapsed that suddenly you're characters that you have lovingly crafted can go no further?

or the fact that sony screwed the pooch with thousands of accounts?

no i'm sorry,you ask a good question but it's not for rebellion to provide such a thing after all they are an independant studio not mainstream enough for that kind of outlay. :)
******* END OF TRANSMISSION *********************
"...my android replica is playing up again,it's no joke when she moans she call's another's name,but that's the spirit of the age..."

spacemanspliff

JUST HAD A HEADACHE WITH PICTURES!!
why not just modd up some fav good games like deus ex invisible war? or farcry? quake 4 the list is endless if anyone out there knows how to that would be good!
"...my android replica is playing up again,it's no joke when she moans she call's another's name,but that's the spirit of the age..."

Noisybast

I know how, I just don't have the time/motivation.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

opaque

Headache with pictures or reading my previous posts? ;)
I really think doing mods must hold great potential for greater brand awareness, product placement etc.

Noisybast

If anyone here has the know-how and the time and motivation, they're more than welcome to create some content for...

Link: this!

http://www.strontiumdog.com">

r33dude

Hello again :)

In reply to spacemanspliff, I really enjoyed playing SWG (Bria server) until the CU came about, though I still played it due to the large amount of friends I had made on there.
NGE killed it and any enjoyment I had in that game :/

As for what kind of style would i like to see from a 2000ad MMO, I really couldn't say, though an open sandbox type of game would be preferable, like the original SWG.
Even something like Coh/CoV would work I imagine, giving players a choise of Lawman or Lawbreaker.
Also, they could incorperate optional missions that could follow certain storylines, Judge Death being a prime example.

With Marvell and DC both getting there own MMO, its a shame more people can't see the wittiness and cleverness of the 2000ad universe.

Though I imagine I will never see my favorite characters in a MMO, one can dream.

Cheers

Noisybast

Noisybast

The only other 2000AD related mod I can remember was Judgement. Pretty good fun, if a little limited.

Link: http://justicedepartment.co.uk/" target="_blank">Judgement

Emperor

Bolt:

This has been said before, but what would it cost to put together something like Urban dead?

While it'd require quite a bit of aplanning (but surely thats the fun part?), the main hassle is getting the server space and bandwidth sorted - that seemed to be the main pain for Kevan with UD as it provided massively popular.

The actual engine is free to use - he asked nicely and someone else let him use theirs (some vampire game). The developments from UD have been incorporated into Shartak (pirates ahoy):

http://www.shartak.com

Nexus Wars is another spin off set up by UD players and has exactly the kind of engine you'd need for something like a Judge Dredd MMORPG as you pick classes as you move up a tier (so you could go citizen >> Cadet >> Judge say) and then form factions, change morality and buy skills appropriate to your class). So in theory you could be in the Northern Mega City police deprtment as a good street judge or you could be an evil East Meg spy. Or you could be a Criminal (or next level up Gangster) down by the docks in a crime syndicate fighting with another one for control of the sugar trade. How about throwing in Cursed Earth mutants outside the walls? Theya re currently expanding the map so if it took off you could throw in the Black Atlantic (pirates?) and Brit Cit, etc.

Anyone interested should drop Jorm a line - they are friendly and approachable (even if I'd have to kill them on sight in the game ;) ).

Link: http://www.nexuswar.com

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ukdane

Right, let's put this baby to bed shall we,
I've been working on a game similar to the UD game for the past couple of weeks now.

It should be completed some time in the late summer (as it's just me working on it, and building the entire script from scratch).

At the moment, there are many similarities between the game and UD- but that is changing, as the game as a definite theme, based one of the characters more popular storylines.

The other good news about it is that it will be very easy to take the game I write, and a) expand it, and b) create other games built in other universes.

So, you're probably all wondering what the game is...

The first person to guess correctly the story name will receive an email link to the game, which although not fully operational just yet, has some of the features already in place.

Cheers

-Daney

Noisybast

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Mr C

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

DavidXBrunt

I was going to mail you and ask you what you were working on when you first mentioned it but as it's you I kind of assumed it would be Rogue Trooper - Norts vs Southers.