Main Menu

Bioshock!

Started by Pete Wells, 28 August, 2007, 04:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

It's bit like Doom with 1940's retro-modern deco.
The lighting is very similer. Though it's deinitely something new also.

I does look tacky when they keep throwing the same enmey at you. Come on that girl/Splicer wearing the green dress just might keep reappearing.

I figured that might have put abit more variety into it by now.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock" target="_blank">What the Wiki has to say about Bio-Shock

ThryllSeekyr

The lighting is very similer. Though it's deinitely something new also.

I does look tacky when they keep throwing the same enmey at you. Come on that girl/Splicer wearing the green dress just might keep reappearing.

I figured that might have put abit more variety into it by now.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock" target="_blank">What the Wiki has to say about Bio-Shock

ThryllSeekyr

The lighting is very similer. Though it's deinitely got few more bells and whistles, something new also.

I does look tacky when they keep throwing the same enemy at you. Come on that girl/Splicer wearing the green dress just might keep reappearing.

I figured that might have put abit more variety into games in this regard by now.

Noisybast

Does anybody know what the Wiki has to say about Bioshock?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

satchmo

Some of the enemies are similar, but theres a reason, it seems like the splicers are kind of tribal, each group sticking to their own area and each group wearing different masks and costumes.
In the medical area they're dressed like mad doctors, theres a garden area a bit later on and they look like extras from The Wicker Man.
The AI is top drawer, I've tried certain parts half a dozen times (it's quite tough!) and it's gone down differently every time.
All this is from about the first 4 levels, I feel like I've barely scratched the surface, and replay value is immense.

ThryllSeekyr

Well, I just posted the link and if you read about the demo and the game itself. They tell you it's impossible to remove bits of it from the registry if you install it.

So I am not sure about installing the demo, that has been downloading for the last twelve hours.

Richmond Clements

Bhuna

Dont't install the demo TryllSeekyr. My PC is knacked atm & getting fixed because of it!

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

ThryllSeekyr

Right, I was going too, anyway and rely on my computers's system restore function if that did happen.

Though it would appaer that I got a corrupted download and it won't install anyway.

Sounds like I'll have to wait for the Playstation Two or Three ( I'll have to buy PSthree first, damn.) version to come out.

Radbacker

dont expect it on the PS2 it'd have to be a piss weak cut down version to work on the PS2.  Does anyone know if it is coming to the PS3?

CU Radbacker

Goaty

I Dont think so as it Windows's game, which only for PC and XBOX...

Something Fishy

I have this and am loving it.

Brilliant game.

Something Fishy

Thrillseeker.. there won't be a PS2 or PS3 version as it is 360 and Windows exclusive.

Well worth getting a 360 for though, excellent.   There are a lot of good games that make it worth picking up now.

Satanist

Bioshock is v.good. I'm playing it on hard as I read the normal setting was too easy, I think I'm near the end now but will replay to get the good ending.

Is it wrong that I find it more upsetting to kill the Big Daddy than the little girls?

MR BUBBLES!!!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Pete Wells

Yeah, I'm near the end too but I'm definately going to have to play through it all again as I want to know what happens if you harvest the Little Sisters as opposed to saving them.

I'm currently in the Little Sister's Education Facility. There's twisted corpses everywhere, disturbing pictures of corpses drawn in crayon by the little girls as 'How much is that doggy in the window?' loops on a gramaphone - creeeepy!