Main Menu

I think I might start saving up for a PSThree

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 23 November, 2007, 09:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I don't own any of the X-box's or the new Wii.

My playstation Two is the best I have apart from this comp I'm typing on.

It's apity you can't upgrade a console like some computers.

So Lair is a Turd.

I will consider this advice.

But it still looks good. Even if alot people saying the controls are clumsy. I'd say this might be way of simulationing dragon flight from the perspective of person trying to ride a Dragon and not the drgon.

Apart from the lock on fireball. The game does look breathtakingly real.

Anyway, I have habit for these type of games. There was another game years from now called 'Dragon Rage' which wasn't as good I might have hoped and then another game called 'The Eye the Dragon' which after playing the the demo. I thought they shouldn't have bothered.

But this game does look diffrent.

Anyway, It's not that I will be definitly buying the new machine anytime soon. Just not a practical descison for a guy who doesn't even work.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyFmVUaIwyI" target="_blank">R you sure this game is utter tripe.

WoD

Every review I've read syas it's pants.

CreamTrumpet

If I were you, I'd spend the cash on upgrading your PC and wait a year or so for Sony and Microsoft to get their acts together.
I have to say, I'm not surprised that Nintendo are winning the console war at the moment. Out of the three new consoles, the Wii is probably the only only one that can call itself a true 'next gen' machine - by that, I mean it's the only console that has a truly innovative behind it: a completely new way of actually playing games. Sure, the graphics snobs may scoff at it, but it's selling well because it's fun and - perhaps more importantly - cheap.
Sony in particular seem to have concentrated too much on trying to turn their console into a home entertainment centre and, for the moment at least, it seems that idea has backfired. I really don't think the majority of the general public are ready for HD gaming and Blue-Ray/HD-DVD yet.

Something Fishy

Cheers Bico, might give R&C a rent then.

Thryllseekr.. yep Lair is awful -  a reason not to own a PS3, rather a reason to own one sadly.

ThryllSeekyr

There are other Playstation Three games I might be interested in.

The next installment in theh Grand Theft Auto series.

WoD

Something Fishy

WoD

I think it was only delayed because of issues they were having with the PS3 edition.

Richmond Clements

I started replaying San Andreas recently- it's bloody awesome- I'd forgot just how huge and emersive a game it is.
Cannot wait for the new one.

Bico

I heard (hopefully wrongly) the RPG-lite elements like the stat bars and character customisation are being sidelined for the new one.  Hope not, though.

On a similar San Andreas note - has anyone discovered how to activate the Iron Man challenge where you have to swim, run and cycle the whole GTA:SA map in a mad race against about 30 bots?  I found it once (in a quarry just south of the northwestern town on the top-right area of the map), but have never to get it to show up again since, and I'm beginning to doubt my memory.

satchmo

The triathlon is time based I think, you have to be there at the right time, early morning rings a bell. I'm sure there's one that starts on the beach in Los Santos, near the pier.
I did them on my quest to get 100%, you get a Harrier Jump Jet that spawns on top of Sweet's house, and a tank in the underpass of the grove!

Richmond Clements

Cool!

I'd never even heard of the triathlon!
At the moment I'm taking my time and enjoying the gang war. If there's anything more enjoyable than kneeling in the road and mowing down those dirty Ballas, I don't know what it is!

'The Hood is Yours!'

satchmo

I had so much fun doing the gang war levels! I also spent an embarrassing amount of time looking for Bigfoot too.

San Andreas- the game that's so big it has it's own Urban Legends!

Richmond Clements

You're among friends here, we can all admit to looking for the bigfoot!

My regert last time was breezing throught he gang war too fast, so this time I'm gonna take the fucking city!

WoD

What is the Triathlon Event? Where can I find it and what do I win?
The Triathlon Event is called "Beat The Cock!" and can be found next to the lighthouse on Santa Maria Beach or on the beach at Fishers Lagoon ONLY on a Saturday or Sunday. You'll need a LOT of stamina to be able to do the mission though, and keeping low muscle and fat will enable you to sprint for longer. You'll need to mash the X button for about 15 minutes while you race across the whole state in order to win $10,000.

Link: http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/faq/index.php" target="_blank">linko to many answers