Main Menu

retro gaming

Started by mogzillazarus, 09 May, 2011, 06:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgerufian

going back to the original question before all the chip talk started...
It may not be too retro but my mates and I only get together to play 1 videogame, Micro Machines 3 on PS1 and its still the best. No other next gen console game multiplayer can touch it....

I, Cosh

Quote from: judgerufian on 17 May, 2011, 01:36:01 PM
going back to the original question before all the chip talk started...
It may not be too retro but my mates and I only get together to play 1 videogame, Micro Machines 3 on PS1 and its still the best. No other next gen console game multiplayer can touch it....
Yes, even better than Mario Kart.

In other mildly retro gaming news, I only found out yesterday that they released a version of Wipeout Pulse for the PS2. A copy has been ordered and is eagerly awaited.
We never really die.

The Big Man

I had a Spectrum and Atari ST back in the day. Still got the ST and dug it out recently to play Star Flight, Elite I and II, Monkey Island and Carrier Command. Still got my N64 and most of the games. I recently sold Conker's Bad Fur Day for silly money, but still have Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, Mario 64, Resident Evil 2 and quite a few others. My Gamecube doesn't see much action now as I have a Wii, but I still play the games. As for PC games, I don't play any modern ones as my PC is almost 8 years old, although it does have a 2.6 Ghz processor. I'm playing the first two X-com games on DosBox, and I still play Master Of Orion 2, and several Star Wars and Star Trek games. 
"Is there a problem here ?"

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Big Man on 20 May, 2011, 09:01:48 PM
I recently sold Conker's Bad Fur Day for silly money,

What's sílly money? I know someone who has loads of old games but refuses to believe they're worth any money.

mogzilla

oh,i dont know, the french and italians are fightin' it out more my resi 2

The Big Man

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 May, 2011, 10:10:18 PM
Quote from: The Big Man on 20 May, 2011, 09:01:48 PM
I recently sold Conker's Bad Fur Day for silly money,

What's sílly money? I know someone who has loads of old games but refuses to believe they're worth any money.

About 50-odd quid, mind you that's how much most people paid for these games back in the day.

Quote from: mogzilla on 20 May, 2011, 11:05:20 PM
oh,i dont know, the french and italians are fightin' it out more my resi 2

I bought a copy of that a few years ago, didn't pay that much for it. I take it that it's highly sought after now ?
"Is there a problem here ?"

The Adventurer

Considering I grew up with an NES and beyond, its hard for me to consider the games I played in my youth to be 'retro'. Generally I consider 'retro' to be stuff that existed before me (like 2000 AD). But I'll list my 'essential' NES and SNES titles that I conciser to be timeless and games I'm always coming back to in one form or another.

NES
Super Mario Bros. 3
Mega Man 2
Castlevania
The Legend of Zelda
Contra
Ninja Gaiden
Metroid
Battletoads
Metal Gear
Punch-Out!!

SNES
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X2
Contra 3
Super Metroid
Star Fox
Earthbound
The Secret of Evermore
Final Fight
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Satanist

Bought Chrono Trigger for DS at the weekend. Forgot just how good it is. Had it for the SNES back in the day (cost £60 on import)but never completed it.

Nice to have an old skool JRPG with no emo pish!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Greg M.

Quote from: The Satanist on 30 May, 2011, 12:44:05 PM
Bought Chrono Trigger for DS at the weekend. Forgot just how good it is. Had it for the SNES back in the day (cost £60 on import)but never completed it.

Nice to have an old skool JRPG with no emo pish!

Best RPG ever, as far as I'm concerned. Brilliant music, great central characters, superb command of atmosphere, perfectly judged pace, fun combat. Flawless, as far as I'm concerned.

I, Cosh

For the past week I've been playing Turrican and Alien Breed via an Amiga Emulator. Alien Breed in particular is still great.
We never really die.

Zarjazzer

I'm a blastin on the new version of Star Raiders.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.