Main Menu

ANOTHER DREDD PHOTO

Started by JOE SOAP, 16 December, 2011, 05:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Broadway

@radiator - Can you point me to the pic you're talking about. I'm sure I've seen it but I didn't realise the subscribers got a different cover to everyone else.

JOE SOAP

I believe he's referring to the regular shelf copy not the subscriber copy.

Non-subscriber:

Subscriber:

http://www.empireonline.com/images/uploaded/empire-heroes-of-2011-cover-judge-dredd.jpg

JOE SOAP

JOE SOAP

Ooops this is the one:

Subscriber:

Michaelvk

I was wondering what was going on around here lately. Things seemed to have calmed down somewhat..

..oh, apparently they were shooting some pick ups in the UK. No idea of what though..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Probably shooting the cod-piece shots they left out.

maryanddavid

reminded me of this for some reason

Beaky Smoochies

Wow, great new pic, I presume that's from the latter part of the film [spoiler]wherein Dredd has it out with the corrupt Judges in the Slo-Mo production lab (which, if it plays put as well onscreen as on the page, it's gonna be pretty awesome!)[/spoiler], the more I see from the new movie, the more utterly confident I am that DNA have nailed it, and we're all going to get the Dredd movie we've waited 34 years for... my Christmas is made now!

Interesting to hear pick-ups are being shot currently, but I'm sure that's just standard for many genre films nowadays, and if it leads to the very best film possible, it's absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

Just one last thing I feel worth saying; I'd like to thank everyone on this forum for all the discussion and back-and-forth on all things Dredd-related, since I started reading posts here (and became a member in June), my lifelong love of the big JD has been re-ignited no end - after about two decades in deep hibernation - to the point that I just ordered the first three volumes of the Complete Case Files  on Amazon, and I intend to start catching up on goings-on in the Big Meg, so thanks everyone, and keep it up, y'all rock  :thumbsup: ...

"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Michaelvk

Yeah, it's probably because they need little things to glue scenes together for continuity or something.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Psidude

Was scojo not crushed by Molch-r ?:D

Waltev

Fuzzed

Pick-up shots? Is that mentioned in the Empire article? A friend told me she saw him in Soho a few weeks ago, so maybe that was why he was about.

JOE SOAP

Nearly every film these days that contains action scenes shoots pick-ups after the assembly edit. Sherlock Holmes recently did the same not to mention all the Summer 'block-busters'.

SuperSurfer

Looks great. I fully support what has been shown so far, but I must say I am not too keen on the lawgiver. Too big a departure from the comic version. Image adjusted to show what I mean:

JOE SOAP