Main Menu

Rob Liefeld will draw your story

Started by Professor Bear, 24 February, 2013, 09:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Pearce

I've always admired Rob Liefeld.

Whether you like him or not, you cannot deny the impact he's had on comics!
-As a 20 year old he revolutionized Marvel in the early 1990s
-formed Image Comics which led to the biggest change in the industry for years in temrs of creator-rights
-created one of the best-selling independent comic books of all time, YOUNGBLOOD #1
and he continues to be a huge name to this day... All this without being able to draw feet!

I was a huge fan when Image formed and have always had a soft spot for his characters. I'm working on a few ideas for this Talent Contest and would love to have him draw one of my stories!

Twitter: @mrgrahampearce
www.sgtmikebattle.co.uk

mygrimmbrother

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Graham Pearce on 28 February, 2013, 02:31:34 PMI've always admired Rob Liefeld.

I was one among the many in the chorus of mockery, but recently I've been following him on Twitter and he comes across as a decent bloke, occasionally hilariously forthright about his time at DC to the point I am amazed they haven't sued him, and he seems to promote the writers and artists he's published more than he promotes himself.

He's kind of like a Bizarro version of Orson Scott Card where instead of the man getting in the way of you seeing the work, the work's got in the way of seeing the doting dad, enthusiastic comics fan, and risk-taking publisher and champion of new talent - Marvel and DC would never do to Wolverine and Wonder Woman what Liefeld let creators do with Prophet and Glory, though they will often crow about their new art and writing discoveries even though they won't look at you until you've been established on the indy scene for a while, and here's the pouches man handing someone a paid working gig on a plate.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 28 February, 2013, 03:19:29 PM
Quote from: Graham Pearce on 28 February, 2013, 02:31:34 PMI've always admired Rob Liefeld.

I was one among the many in the chorus of mockery, but recently I've been following him on Twitter and he comes across as a decent bloke, occasionally hilariously forthright about his time at DC to the point I am amazed they haven't sued him, and he seems to promote the writers and artists he's published more than he promotes himself.

He's kind of like a Bizarro version of Orson Scott Card where instead of the man getting in the way of you seeing the work, the work's got in the way of seeing the doting dad, enthusiastic comics fan, and risk-taking publisher and champion of new talent - Marvel and DC would never do to Wolverine and Wonder Woman what Liefeld let creators do with Prophet and Glory, though they will often crow about their new art and writing discoveries even though they won't look at you until you've been established on the indy scene for a while, and here's the pouches man handing someone a paid working gig on a plate.

A solid point Prof.
Whatever opinions others have about his artwork, I've always liked him for the reasons stated above.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Link Prime on 28 February, 2013, 05:08:19 PM
Whatever opinions others have about his artwork, I've always liked him for the reasons stated above.

I've always been at great pains to state that I have no knowledge and/or opinion of Rob Liefeld as a human being, and I that I can certainly admire the business acumen of a man who has amassed many millions of dollars working in a job for which he demonstrably has no actual ability.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SKD

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 February, 2013, 05:20:59 PM

Rob Liefeld... ... a man who has amassed many millions of dollars working in a job for which he demonstrably has no actual ability.

Cheers

Jim

A lot like any number of politicians.  :D

Stew.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: SKD on 28 February, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

Stew.

Oh..

now come on. Come on. We could call Liefeld a brash jerk 'til the cows came home but... COMPARING HIM TO A POLITICIAN... that's just below the belt. Ouch.

SKD

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 28 February, 2013, 06:05:13 PM
Quote from: SKD on 28 February, 2013, 05:48:21 PM

Stew.

Oh..

now come on. Come on. We could call Liefeld a brash jerk 'til the cows came home but... COMPARING HIM TO A POLITICIAN... that's just below the belt. Ouch.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stew.

Professor Bear

If demonstrable ability is a prerequisite for working in comics, I am in bigger trouble than I thought.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla