Main Menu

Dreddcon Sketch Requests

Started by Dudley, 29 September, 2005, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

I really like it when people get "themed" sketches - like all the Monkey In A Hat ones from a couple of years ago.

But I can't think of a theme.

Anyone feel like making a suggestion?

longmanshort

+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

The Amstor Computer

How about:

Classic, Reinterpreted

Each droid is asked to reimagine a British comic icon, keeping only one or two unique elements - for example, Johnny Alpha's mutie eyes or Dare's zigzag eyebrows - and creating their own version of the character.

Who's Number Five?

Judge Death is back from the void, and he's bringing a new Dark Judge with him! What do the droids think this new character will look like?

...plus a few more that I'll throw out when I'm not supposed to be working... ;-)

Max Kon

i'm thinking of devoting a page at the back of my book to sketches but script droids. what do you think?

Dudley

Max -

In my experience, they've always refused (apart from Al Ewing).  You could try, though.

And at least on of the suggestions here is SOLID GOLD.

Dan Kelly

I got my idea from teh internet a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure whether it'll work though...

Dan

The Amstor Computer

Bugger - I forgot all about this thread. As promised:

Stuff Wot You Didn't See In The Strip

Ask each droid to sketch something that never appeared in one of their strips. Perhaps it was a character design that was mooted, but never used, or perhaps it's how they imagine one of the "offstage" places or characters looking.

What does Charlie Adlard think Traitor's Gate look like? Did Boo Cook have designs for the inmates we didn't see in Dead Men Walking?

Massimo Madness

Ask the artists for their versions of Ace Garp, GBH, Freek, Mean Team, Blackhawk or the Dead. Send the originals - or copies? - to Massimo Belardinelli with a big thank-you for all the thrills!

Make-A-Monster!

Get a piece of paper from your sketchpad. Fold it three or four times. The first droid draws the head, the second the chest, the third the legs & the fourth the feet. Unfold it & see what you've got!

Any use?

:-)

Dudley

I *was* going for Matt-Smith-as-a-child, but Massimo Madness is genius.  I feel a new thread coming on...

Queen Firey-Bou

ooo ooo i MUSt scan the fantastic Batman & Kitten by Frazer that the deviants mini & micro Bou got.  I think he assumed "ahhhh little girls, like kittens ", they were thinking more, " Batmans a big poof, he likes kittens"...

Grant Goggans

Damn, this sounds fun.

Could Tharg maybe send some droids to Dragon*Con in Atlanta next year?  I am so tired of not having the money to come to Dreddcon and play.  *pout*

--Grant