Main Menu

Black Mirror Season 4

Started by Goaty, 29 December, 2017, 03:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

USS Callister - first episode of new season out on Netflix.

That was great episode, it is bit like Galaxy Quest but very creepy!

Mattofthespurs

>:(

'Creepy'? It's been out 8 hours and 'spoiled' already!  ;)

Eamonn Clarke

Episode 2 Arkangel has a very similar concept to a recent Dredd story about parental controls.

DaveGYNWA

Episode 1: good
Episode 2: very good
Episode 3: VERY good [spoiler]I've got 12 guinea pigs. Piggies RULE!!!![/spoiler]
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Eamonn Clarke

Continuing the 2000AD theme I would say that the punchline for episode 3 Crocodile was very Future Shocks.

marko10174

I wonder if Charlie Brooker is a fan of Dredd. I mean "Black museum" was literally taken right out of Mega city one.

Mattofthespurs

USS CALLSITER

Brillaint. Great riff on Kirk's 'Thataway'
Made me laugh out loud.

Tiplodocus

Much as I like Black Mirror, I always get the impression that the tale could be told in half the time.

Callister was ok just a bit drawn out and, once the "twist of who the real baddie was, didn't seem to have anywhere to go other than the actual resolution. Did I miss something?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 02 January, 2018, 11:22:25 AM
Much as I like Black Mirror, I always get the impression that the tale could be told in half the time.

Callister was ok just a bit drawn out and, once the "twist of who the real baddie was, didn't seem to have anywhere to go other than the actual resolution. Did I miss something?

Yeah, absolutely agree. I did start checking my watch during that first episode. There was no need for it to be longer than the standard hour. Sort of preffered it on Channel 4 for that very reason.
@jamesfeistdraws

JLC

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 02 January, 2018, 11:22:25 AM

Agree 100%. This episode seems to be getting a lot of love but the longer running time was unnecessary & having it at the standard 50mins would have made for a much better episode.

Mattofthespurs

Agree to a degree. The middle part did drag a touch but overall I found this episode to be a delight.

Radbacker

Episode 3 is just about one of the darkest things I've ever seen left me feeling so down[spoiler]probably because I became a dad last year I just couldn't handle the the infanticide  [/spoiler]
Great series but like I said number three just a little bit too dark for me

Co's Radbacker

JLC

Yawn. That was the worst series of Black Mirror so far!

dweezil2

There was rather an over reliance on Ai as the basis of stories, maybe it was supposed to be a recurring theme, and I agree USS Callister was overlong and laboured the point somewhat.
Metalhead and Arkangel were both excellent though!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

GrudgeJohnDeed

I rather enjoyed it, but a lot of it felt a little familiar and unsurprising to me, which is a first for a series of Black Mirror. My favourite episode was Hang The DJ! I usually prefer the darker episodes but that one grabbed me most despite its recurring theme.

Quote from: marko10174 on 01 January, 2018, 09:00:52 PM

I wonder if Charlie Brooker is a fan of Dredd. I mean "Black museum" was literally taken right out of Mega city one.

2000ad got it from Scotland Yard I think

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Museum

edit: [spoiler]oh and memories through DNA??[/spoiler]