Main Menu

Help comic folks wiped out by the recent flooding.

Started by Timothy, 29 December, 2015, 11:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Poor sods - last time I was in HB the place hadn't reopened since the last "unprecedented" flood (or was it the one the year before..?)

Colin YNWA

Yeah I've been meaning to post about that so thanks for doing so.

Donated. I know there's people in a lot more trouble in the world but there's always something about a story that affects the comics community that gets me to get my wallet out. From the little reading I've done the couple who run the shop seem like good people and I really hope they get the place up and running again as soon as possible.

Theblazeuk

Should have known this would already be on here! Really terrible. Was in there on the 20th, hard to see how badly Hebden was hit this time. Even worse than the last I think.

None of the businesses have insurance because of the last floods. A simple thing that clearly, insurance companies aren't going to do if they can get away with, because why would they insure people who need it? What a country we've made.

TordelBack

Not a great business idea for the insurance companies to be insuring against what is now a virtual inevitability, and only getting worse.  Flood risk and support is something that needs to be addressed at national and international level, not left to profit-driven companies. 

More positively, heartening to see this response - obviously many others just as deserving are suffering, but if comics fans can't help comics 'professionals', who can?