Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barneytabasco

Hope you've stocked up on your bottled water. Block Mania's heading your way!

sheridan

Quote from: barneytabasco on 16 February, 2020, 09:22:29 PM
Hope you've stocked up on your bottled water. Block Mania's heading your way!

Water?  Don't touch the stuff.  Nothing but shampagne and clean-o-spray man for me!

sheridan

sheridan

Gary James

The run being covered at the minute is still slightly before I was a regular reader, but these issues - and Prog 203's Dredd strip, with its focus on music, in particular - always makes me think of Dangerous. There's something about the overblown, ridiculous, wonderful strips and the extreme silliness of the song which simply works.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 204: King of the Streets!

The call goes out to readers - suggest and design your own street football team (but it has to be your home town).

sheridan

TordelBack

Never twigged that was a Gibbons cover - always looked 100% Massimo to me!

sheridan

Quote from: Gary James on 18 February, 2020, 01:00:44 PM
The run being covered at the minute is still slightly before I was a regular reader, but these issues - and Prog 203's Dredd strip, with its focus on music, in particular - always makes me think of Dangerous. There's something about the overblown, ridiculous, wonderful strips and the extreme silliness of the song which simply works.
There's an mp3 of the Pug Ugly song somewhere - no idea what the genesis of its creation is though...

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 February, 2020, 07:43:37 PM

Apart from the odd Robo-Tale, he seems to be concentrating on covers (either front or back) at the moment...

TordelBack

Quote from: sheridan on 20 February, 2020, 08:20:27 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 20 February, 2020, 07:43:37 PM

Apart from the odd Robo-Tale, he seems to be concentrating on covers (either front or back) at the moment...

I know it's still 6 months out at this point, but could he be developing/stockpiling Rogue Trooper in this period?  If ever a strip hit the ground/fused-quartz-hellscape running, that was it.

sheridan

I don't know why, but when I think of "what's Dave Gibbons getting up to at this point" I always forget Rogue Trooper - possibly his most iconic contribution to comics (other than Watchmen, naturally)!

2000AD Prog 206: Un-American Graffiti – Judge Dredd mounts a clean-up campaign... inside!

New prog, new characters - and this one has parents who head eggs into buckets and clean dishes.  Then dirty the dishes.  Then clean the dishes...

Gary James

Quote from: sheridan on 20 February, 2020, 08:19:38 PM
There's an mp3 of the Pug Ugly song somewhere - no idea what the genesis of its creation is though...
Something else to add to the list of Things I Must Find. :D

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sheridan on 21 February, 2020, 12:03:41 PM
2000AD Prog 206: Un-American Graffiti – Judge Dredd mounts a clean-up campaign... inside!

New prog, new characters - and this one has parents who head eggs into buckets and clean dishes.  Then dirty the dishes.  Then clean the dishes...

The prog where Deputy Chief Judge Pepper grows his leg back!
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack