Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I second that, has a whiff of a Frank uitely to it.

This is my most recent creation. I call it a Tricentaurops, although I'm not entirely sure that's the correct taxonomical nomenclature.

Edit: I have just discovered the button left of 'w' and above 'a' isn't working.
You may quote me on that.

Cpt Rhodes

Neil, are all those shades of grey on the body actually crosshatchings?
Looks mega detailed and a very unique style.

Cpt Rhodes

looks cool Pops. Is there more of these to come?

Quote from: pops1983 on 13 November, 2010, 05:25:16 PM
I second that, has a whiff of a Frank uitely to it.

This is my most recent creation. I call it a Tricentaurops, although I'm not entirely sure that's the correct taxonomical nomenclature.

Edit: I have just discovered the button left of 'w' and above 'a' isn't working.

NeilFord

Quote from: Cpt Rhodes on 13 November, 2010, 05:28:11 PM
Neil, are all those shades of grey on the body actually crosshatchings?
Looks mega detailed and a very unique style.

Yes, no tones washes, this is about artsize on my monitor:

Cpt Rhodes

Crosshatching like that is something I always wished I could do, but never had much success with. It's beautifully done. All the more impressive from seeing it up close.

Cheers.

Bhuna

There's a great little cross hatching tool in manga studio. I've only used it once or twice
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Cpt Rhodes

These are some of my early attempts at storyboarding with Photoshop.
This was from a game I was developing at a studio a few years back but never got off the ground.
The rights to this concept have reverted back to me now and i'm mulling over the idea of doing it as a web comic in small episodic chunks.
I've never done hardcore horror before and I'd like to give it ago
The bottom portion is some the 3D art developed for the game by myself and Craig Gardiner

Pete Wells

Wox Alex, that's a game I wanna play!

Cpt Rhodes

The studio did get an offer from Majesco who were a decent size US publisher but the budget was under the requirements.

Zarjazzer

Looks like a grand zombie swamp fest. Lovely stuff Cpt Rhodes.  :thumbsup:
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

LARF

CrazyFoxMachine

Dave Hedmark

NeilFord- looks awesome!
Cpt Rhodes- crazy awesome! Why does the tune dueling banjos come to mind?
LARF- That's one mean machine. Looks like something from 40k.

I've been reading and practicing allot. Same panel a little bit different thought process.

Cpt Rhodes

Crazy amount of detail Larf
Dave, still not sure which one I like best. Possibly the one on the left.

LARF

One on the left works better for me, there's more story telling in the way the lead character is ripping up the paper, and def more story telling in the guy getting wacked. This style reminds me a lot of Simon Fraser.