Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil McClements

Thanks for your generous comments.

Everything is physically drawn, every pencil line, every pen line, every chalk or charcoal line. I start off with a pencil image and then all the shading and shaping is layered on with various knick-knacks, smudge sticks and fingers etc.

Very often I scan it, crop it if needed and then print off and continue work on that copy.

If I think it needs it I might take through PS to tweak here and there.

Finally go at with various ink pens, pencils, grey-white pencils...and a sharp eraser!

Time consuming and there are more failures stuffed into the folder of shame than I'd care to elaborate on, most of them for Van Dom at the moment! (we will get there).

But i'm not proud so here is a dud. This just ain't right. Supposed to be Wallbanger

pauljholden

My new blog...

Hello all, I don't sketch enough and I've been really bad at learning to draw, so, to combat those TWO problems, I have a new blog:

http://drawingundertheinfluence.posterous.com (I wanted 'undertheinfluence' but it was taken...bah!)

Anyhue, I do a sketch inspired by, drawn in the style of, or, straight out copied/altered/whatever by an artist or artists and then sort of describe why / how / what I know about them. Here's todays:

(Hopefully that image will display, if not, pop along to the blog.)

Definitely welcome comments about the art and, better, about the artists I'm talking about - or even suggestions of people to look at.

Anyhue, hope you like it!

-pj

Emperor

I caught that via your blog earlier - love stuff, I especially enjoyed the Klmit and Rackham inspired ones, oh and the Lone Wolf and Cub sketch.

I also got a McMahon vibe from drawing of the girl in Ikea - I wonder if it's the legs?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Archey on 09 July, 2011, 11:32:41 PM

But i'm not proud so here is a dud. This just ain't right. Supposed to be Wallbanger

You say its a dud but there are some very interesting effects there that make it look metallic.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

chris_askham

My current entry over on the Weekly TAB...

It's Trees & Plants week, if anyone has any further contributions...

NeilFord

@Archey - Pfft, that's no dud, looking good man!
@Chris - Nice, always found old Swampy a spooky chap, you've captured that here.

My offering, a Dryad.

Matt Timson

Piss off, Neil!  How am I supposed to get any work done now?!?
Pffft...

NeilFord

DoomBot

Ooh - an art submission thread. Here's my feeble effort:

Pauul

Oh yes, so very feeble.

Hardly better than stick figures.

NOT.

In all seriousness, really well drawn.

I especially like the baby dragon.

Nice work.

DoomBot

Quote from: Pauul on 12 July, 2011, 01:27:14 PM
Oh yes, so very feeble.

Hardly better than stick figures.

NOT.

In all seriousness, really well drawn.

I especially like the baby dragon.

Nice work.

:D I have low self esteem  :-\ - especially after viewing the other fine art in this thread

Thanks for the kind words

Pauul

Do you have a deviantart profile?

It'd be great to see some more of your artwork.

Emperor

Quote from: Pauul on 12 July, 2011, 04:41:00 PMIt'd be great to see some more of your artwork.

Here you go:

www.davidjsnell.com/gallery/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Neil McClements

Tried a bit of Photoshop enhancing on this picture of Dredd. Took me the best part of all after noon to get to this and after all that i'm not sure at all! wheres my pencil and pad gone?

Kev Levell

Nice stuff, I haven't posted in here for a while... lots of lovely bits of art!

Here's something Star Wars-y.