Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Btw, does Mega City Justice end with Hot night in 95? The return of Barbara.

EDazzling

No. I hope it turns up somewhere in the Mega Collection, I don't want to buy a Day of Chaos: Fourth Faction paperback just for that one story.

Apestrife

strange! imo shouldve been the ending to ToD. Oh well, i'm sure ill manage. looking forward to reading the whole tod, waiting till i get all 3.

TordelBack

Hmmm, I've never read Hot Night, so didn't consider it being a missing part of ToD. As I understand it it's Hershey's (non-robotic) return to the Meg after Sinfield's arrest, so I can see the point - does it have more to do with that story than just tidying that loose end? As it is, she only shipped out midway through the Backlash volume, so having her back on the streets at the end of the second may seem a bit rapid. Similarly, has Streets of Dan Francisco been included in the MC yet? I can't recall if it was in the Origins volume - if not it could sit nicely in Mutants in MC-1.

Dandontdare

I just re-read the complete ToD in the trades - surprised I never noticed that it features both photon torpedoes and phasers, both of which jar slightly - there must be other cool weapon names they could come up with!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

James Stacey

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Apestrife

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 April, 2017, 10:20:27 AM
Hmmm, I've never read Hot Night, so didn't consider it being a missing part of ToD. As I understand it it's Hershey's (non-robotic) return to the Meg after Sinfield's arrest, so I can see the point - does it have more to do with that story than just tidying that loose end?

Here's the thing. I didn't remember it correctly. Somehow I remembered it as if Francisco resigned after Tour of duty. Been a while since I read either. Still waiting to be able to read Origins, ToD, DoC and Dark Justice in one sitting.

Reading it now, it makes sense why they felt they could omit it. ToD and DoC flows together better with skinning room and the Pj Mabe story, and Hershey's return becomes more power in DoC: Aftermath.

Regardless. It's a good story. The sort of Judge procedural I really like. Wouldn't mind it if it showed up in the mega collection or ultimate collection.

Timothy

Swerty

Colin YNWA

Hi I was wondering whether any of you lovely folks getting the Mega Collection could help me. Has anyone received issue 59 yet? Just seen the ad on the back if this weeks 2000ad and was wondering what specific content was in there?

This is the second Missionary Man collection isn't it? I have all the Megazine volume 2 stuff, I've also go the prog stuff but was wondering whether this volume gets to the stuff that appears after Missionary Man returned to the Prog? The creator list and the fact that it uses a John Ridgway image on the cover suggests it might? If so I'll defo be bagging this.

Thanks in advance.

GordonR

Mine just arrived.  Despite the John Ridgeway art on the cover, his story (I can't remember its name, but it was the last ever MM story) isn't in this book.

Steve Green

GordonR