Main Menu

Toothy ideas from the talentless

Started by Minkyboy, 30 April, 2014, 09:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minkyboy

So perhaps, like me, your 5 year old can draw a better Joe Dredd and any creative fiction you begin makes you want to dig your eyes out with a rusty spoon?
But you still have an imagination, you still have dreams and you need a receptacle for them, so they can wither and rot out of sight.

Bring your ideas for the art comp you wish you could set, the short story topic just begging to be addressed by those braver and bolder than yourself.
Yes! We would love to hear about your plans for a range of die-cast ABC action figures with swappable Hammerstein heads.
Rogue Trooper double duvet cover? Downlode puns and poems the collected edition? Ace Trucking the animated series?

What are your 2000ad ideas that you wish someone talented would strap to a bench and pump lightning through?
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

8-Ball

Battery powered ride-on Lawmaster or a Shako cuddly toy for the kids.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Minkyboy

Having 4 and 6 year old daughters, a certain Disney song about snowy princesses is an inescapable part of my everyday life at the moment.
To counter this, I would love someone to draw Dredd in an ice and snow field, the bodies of several recently slain foes around him in different 'I've been blown away' poses. Dredd standing in the foreground would have his foot up on the last and most recently killed, his raised lawgiver in his hand still steaming gently. While all the dead dudes would be in extreme artic survival gear, all furry hoods, white camo and skis, Dredd would be in his standard issue uniform, with perhaps a slightly red nose and a couple of icicles hanging from his helmet.
Tag line: "The cold never bothered me anyway."

Or perhaps I just want an art comp where the brief is to make a Toothy homage to a line from a Disney song?

And while I am at it, what about an art comp to do interior cutaway technical drawings of 2000ad hardware, like what we used to get in the annuals in the good old days? Manta, Justice 1, Hoagy, Blitzspear, Mongol, Westinghouse Variable-Cartridge Blaster, Lord Slough Feg, anything you want to see beneath the skin of.

Just for the record, I would buy a king-size duvet cover with Slaine and Ukko on it. And as I would only be allowed to use it when the wife was away on a course it would stay in unfaded condition for years!

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Pete Wells

I always loved the "What if the Judges did Ads" strip, I'd love to see a "What if 2000AD Characters did Ads" art compo...

ZenArcade

The Judge Pal ads were pretty funny. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Minkyboy

Quote from: Pete Wells on 30 April, 2014, 10:53:12 PM
I always loved the "What if the Judges did Ads" strip, I'd love to see a "What if 2000AD Characters did Ads" art compo...

Awesome idea.
"Tombs help you bereave more easily." Classic.

amines2058

Quote from: Pete Wells on 30 April, 2014, 10:53:12 PM

Looks like you may almost have your wish this month in the May art comp!! I think Steve Austin may have been perusing this thread for inspiration!! ;)