Main Menu

Thrill Containment Binder.

Started by Mattofthespurs, 02 December, 2015, 06:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Here's where quite a number of the original binders ended up (not mine)

Quite a bargain. My only observation is the repetition of the spine isn't that pretty en-masse

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Judge-Dredd-Megazine-Collection-almost-complete-plus-Misc-2000ADbits-/332375187139?hash=item4d631adec3:g:3ygAAOSwtsVZkxND

IndigoPrime

Where are people storing all this stuff? I had all my 2000 ADs on an IKEA shelf, in white comic boxes. Then I noticed the floor had dropped 2cm and hastily moved them all to the side of the room with a supporting wall.

Tomwe

I have three of design one, five of design two and still another 150-200 progs to 'contain' (100 of which I bought off eBay from the actual Chris Weston)

BPP

Chris Weston falls out of love with 2000ad - a rich Johnson bleeding cool exclusive coming soon.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Tomwe

Quote from: BPP on 20 September, 2017, 08:53:17 PM
Chris Weston falls out of love with 2000ad - a rich Johnson bleeding cool exclusive coming soon.

His eBay handle Westonfront gave it away (his twitter is the same). He was selling a bunch of progs at the time, I only got one block of 100. Unsurprisingly the few in the run with his covers were missing, with the description claiming something like they had disappeared down the back of the sofa somewhere. Think he needed to clear some office space.

Tomwe

Funt Solo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 September, 2017, 11:08:08 AM
Where are people storing all this stuff? I had all my 2000 ADs on an IKEA shelf, in white comic boxes. Then I noticed the floor had dropped 2cm and hastily moved them all to the side of the room with a supporting wall.

Answering a question from 2017, like you do.

I keep all my comics (and board games, and miniatures) in my nerd cave - which is a walk in closet with a sloping ceiling. I have worried about the entire room reaching critical mass and collapsing. It'll be a disaster for whoever's in the bathroom at the time.

I imagine I'll just innocently add one more comic and then *KRASH* - you'll never hear from me again. But you'll be able to say: "It's what he would've wanted".
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

I at one point had my 2000 ADs all sorted in comic boxes on my office metal shelving. The shelving was sufficient. The floor... was not. The downstairs ceiling is, fortunately, still fine, but the upstairs floor has dropped about 2cm. Thrill Power weighs too much, clearly.

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 September, 2017, 11:08:08 AM

I was going to ask where all the people with sagging floors were living (i.e. who had built their houses) but then I realised that my own collection is right next to a supporting wall - what's more a former chimney, which will be even stronger.  I wouldn't want to risk any of my collection in the middle of a room, for instance!

IndigoPrime

Our house is a badly built 1960s semi that's since been extended. The office shelving is not on a supporting wall, and the upstairs wall room divider does not align with the one downstairs. We had a builder in to look at the room, and he didn't think it was likely to collapse, but noted we shouldn't put that much weight on such a small footprint again. Hence the 2000 ADs and Megs now living under the spare room double bed.

Tomwe

My Kallax collection is in my garden bolthole but I never considered whether the weight on one side might affect the wooden floor. Could explain how water was getting in on that side a year back.

sheridan

Pleased to say we're in a firmly built post-Victorian / pre-Great War house - back when they knew how to make things to last.  I was really pleased we didn't have to settle for a more recent build - one thing you know about a house that's stood for a hundred years is that it's managed to stay up for a hundred years!  I know people who built new-build places and spend the first few years constantly getting builders in to fix shoddy work.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan