Main Menu

Prog 2049 - The Final Shades of Grey?

Started by Leigh S, 16 September, 2017, 11:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Meant absolutely no disrespect to Dan's art on Dredd, it's been superb start-to-finish: characterful, adventurous, clear.  But wrt this last episode, my personal tastes run to slightly less brain. It's probably an affinity thing. 

Also, Dredd's sentencing was bizarre - I know he's addressing his own complicity in the situation, and cutting some fallen heroes a break, but even so, I can't imagine that the SJS will be impressed at his next performance review/dawn protocology session.

DrJomster

Have to say, Dredd's speech in the third last panel felt a little bit un-Dredd like. Overall though, liked this story. Some great art too! I quite liked the lawmaster attack panels, myself. Bet that stung!

More love for the Future Shock from me, lovely stuff.

Roll on 2050! And of course the Misty/Scream special!

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

IndigoPrime

Mm. That Dredd finale didn't sit right with me either. The apology felt right, but the sentencing was the kind of thing he'd have kicked another judge's arse for in any other strip.

Elsewhere, it was broadly a decent prog. The Future Shock was really smartly done and my favourite thing in the Prog, Hope and Alienist ended in a manner that just about makes me want to see more of both, and Greysuit ended.

Pegasus P Artichoke

Just read the prog on my way into work this morning and enjoyed it

Dredd was a good ending to a great story, really liked the art work throughout and the story was top notch, also wouldn't be surprised to see the fall out from this included in a future strip...I think the SJS might come calling as already mentioned.

The Alienist I enjoyed the run and would be happy to see it in the prog again, perfectly fine piece of story telling

Greysuit I have really liked, thought it was a fun send up of the action spy genre, really good. But part of my hopes that it's finished as I think sometimes it's nice to have a proper ending to a story instead of it keep coming back and tarnishing itself by just sort of meandering along (if that makes any sense)

Hope I loved, loved the it first time round and loved it even more this time round. Everything just clicked for me the pace, the tone, the art and the style excellent stuff and hope it comes back sooner than later.

Future Shock was really good as well, didn't see the twist coming at the end which is the whole point yeah really good stuff.

All in all I really enjoyed it and made the commute up the M77 a lot more fun than usual
We'll give them back their heroes

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Pegasus P Artichoke on 21 September, 2017, 08:38:23 AM
All in all I really enjoyed it and made the commute up the M77 a lot more fun than usual

Shouldn't you really be watching the road?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richard

I didn't have a problem with the lenient sentences: there wouldn't be a Justice Department if it wasn't for those guys.

norton canes

So, where are we? Prog 2049 - everything (except Dredd) must go...

Cover: I think it was Oscar Wilde who said, "to have one cover for the final Greysuit chapter may be regarded as a misfortune; to have three looks like carelessness".

And the last two weren't even proper drawings.

Dredd: Yep, sorry, just kind of fizzled out...

The Alienist: ...in contrast to this, which has got better with each installment. Loved the scenes of Professor Praetorius's black ethereal tentacles possessing the locals. Are there 'heroes' and 'baddies'? Do them terms have any meaning when we're dealing with higher beings who treat humans like cattle?

Excellent, pulpy fare.

Greysuit: I prefer a nice blue twill

Future Shock: ...was just an ultraviolent version of The Disturbed Digestions of Doctor Dibworthy, wasn't it? Nice though.

Hope: A great 'epilogue' installment to conclude a wonderful inaugural run. That final frame, leading to the story title, was fantastic.

Simon Davis art!! Simon Davis art!! Simon Davis art!! Simon Davis art!!