Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Smith on 27 June, 2017, 11:02:38 AM
Im watching the new ABC's video and I notice a weird suggestion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsRNmpZfr7o
Im just kinda in the "wut?" mode right now.
WTF is he wearing on his HEAD??!!  :-\

Smith

At least that part should be obvious.

Hawkmumbler

A MAGA hat is always a good indication of the kind of pond scum who wears it.

Fungus

Internet May Contain Idiots shock.

Smith

Spoiler: he didnt like Sons of Booth.
But the focus on 2000ad is kinda unique for the type.And it was probably more leftist in the golden days then its today.Just saying.

JayzusB.Christ

Right then, is Booth (as in President Donald Bob) pronounced to rhyme with 'smooth' or 'Ruth'?  I suppose it's probably the first, given his nickname, but I will always pronounce it as the second.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

I, Cosh

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 June, 2017, 10:43:45 PM
Right then, is Booth (as in President Donald Bob) pronounced to rhyme with 'smooth' or 'Ruth'?  I suppose it's probably the first, given his nickname, but I will always pronounce it as the second.
It's pronounced the same way as the thing James Bond had a nasty turn in once.
We never really die.

Theblazeuk

Holy drokk, Pat Mills held up as some kind of Right Wing champion?

Smith

Well,you can read pretty much anything and sort it so it supports your views.
I thing the argument of: Its(2000AD) not as good as it used to be is the only one that makes sense.Ofc,that's a personal opinion.

Theblazeuk

Yes, right up until he presents his reasoning why. When wimmin were wimmin and not just 'basically men with boobs', etc etc.

However you're right about being able to read pretty much anything and sort it so it supports your views. One comment thread on that video really makes you feel sorry for the tuber, as he doesn't seem to quite grasp his own reasoning...

QuoteHave you read old 2000 AD?
Halo Jones: Pioneering female character in adventure comics.
Nemesis the Warlock: Condemnation of cultural, religious and racial hegemony
Strontium Dog: Criticism of injustice against minorities.

2000 AD hasn't changed its outlook, you just never understood it.

Rorshach1004
Rorshach100423 hours ago

Or, now I grew up, I can see the leftist cultural programming more clearly? Yeah, the indoctrination of my childhood clearing, now I see what they have been doing all along. I go with that. You are 100% correct.

Lugh Summerson
Lugh Summerson23 hours ago

Makes you wonder what other 'programming' you are infected with.

Rorshach1004
Rorshach100423 hours ago

Yeah, great point. When I think about all of the leftist indoctrination I've been subjected to through the years it makes me shudder. But, what can I do? I can read, learn, and do my best, but in a poisonous culture there are scars inflicted upon me that will remain forever.

Lugh Summerson
Lugh Summerson18 hours ago

Try thinking for yourself instead of thinking in other people's cliches.

Rorshach1004
Rorshach100415 hours ago

I'll give it a go, but it's going to be really, really hard. Wish me luck. I'm a trier, if nothing else. Thanks for the great advice btw, very much appreciated, and thanks so much for watching my video, and spending all of your time with the thoughtful comments.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 28 June, 2017, 09:52:30 AM
Holy drokk, Pat Mills held up as some kind of Right Wing champion?

Years ago some supposed French 'academic' posted a furious, vitriolic review to each and every Charley's War book on Amazon - accusing it, and Pat, of being Establishment apoligists, of revelling in the carnage and glory of warfare, of whitewashing history at the expense of a generation's sacrifice to fly the flag for the British Imperialism the author obviously loved so much. Not a little but racist in their tone, too.

Talk about missing the point...!
@jamesfeistdraws

Smith

Which goes to show that people will see what they want to see,especially if they can use it to prop their own narrative.

Modern Panther

Doing what billionaires and their corporations want is the new punk.

Trout

Happy Canada Day! (On Saturday.)