Main Menu

It Shoulda Ended with...

Started by Link Prime, 13 August, 2019, 04:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Definitely Song of the Surfer and the Horned God.

And while nobody whatsoever is going to agree with me:

Strontium Dog: The Final Solution.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richard

American Horror Story: Asylum.

radiator

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 August, 2019, 10:19:04 PM
Definitely Song of the Surfer and the Horned God.

And while nobody whatsoever is going to agree with me:

Strontium Dog: The Final Solution.

I'm honestly tempted to agree with you there - I never really cared for the latter day run of SD stories.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 August, 2019, 10:19:04 PMStrontium Dog: The Final Solution.

If the majority of the art were different, I think there'd be more agreement on this.

radiator

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 August, 2019, 11:50:38 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 August, 2019, 10:19:04 PMStrontium Dog: The Final Solution.

If the majority of the art were different, I think there'd be more agreement on this.

You mean The Final Solution? Or the latter Stront stuff?

sheridan

Surprised nobody's mentioned Battlestar Galactica (original series or the reboot - both started off strong).

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 14 August, 2019, 12:25:49 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 August, 2019, 11:50:38 PM

You mean The Final Solution? Or the latter Stront stuff?

The Final Solution. Harrison's a great artist but not for the 'last' Johnny Alpha story.

I'm fine with the reboot, the resurrection and the final note the creators, and the story, go out on.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sheridan on 14 August, 2019, 01:11:24 AM
Surprised nobody's mentioned Battlestar Galactica (original series or the reboot - both started off strong).

Apart from the odd bad episode –like the one that wasted Bill Duke as a gangster– I find the reboot still stands up very well from beginning to end. The only iffy thing is the intimation at the very end that [spoiler]Starbuck is a literal angel[/spoiler] and just disappears while someone's back is turned.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The recent Predators film was not very good. You could argue the first Predator film was the only movie in the franchise worth revisiting. Beyond that, it was diminishing returns for that series. Nostalgia is a bit of a trap; we yearn for the feelings those golden oldies gave us. But we forget that it's highly unlikely any writer or Director can recapture such lightning in a bottle. Think of all the characters 2000AD created and ask yourself how many of them live on from their original conception. Not too many, because like films they tend to belong in another time and place.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

norton canes

sheridan

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 14 August, 2019, 11:39:47 AM
Quote from: norton canes on 14 August, 2019, 10:04:51 AM
The Beatles - Love Me Do

U2 - the 1980s.

I was then tempted to name a few other artists whose output has not been up to scratch since the eighties, then came to the realisation that a lot of singers and music groups have less than a decade of good work in them and it'd probably be easier to come up with some who persist (sometime having bad patches but later returning to form).  David Bowie comes to mind - eighties and early nineties work not-so-good - most stuff either side of that much better!

Tjm86

Rogue Trooper - "To the ends of Nu Earth".

Although "War Machine" worked well as a reimagining in which case it should have ended there and definitely never Fleischer's run ...

shaolin_monkey

Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Terminator

Aliens

Predator

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Rocky

Robocop

Day of the Dead

The Godfather II

Frank

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 14 August, 2019, 12:34:18 PM
Rocky

Shut up, old man. You had your shot, now give me mine. They want to keep me weak, keep me down; they don't want a man like me to comment because I'm not a puppet like that man up there ^

I'll debate you any time anywhere, but you ain't gonna see that. You don't fight no real man. Hey, woman; since your man got no heart, bring your pretty little self over to my apartment and I'll show you a real man.