Main Menu

New comic - contributors wanted!

Started by Daveycandlish, 24 August, 2011, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Talking with Locustsofdeath the other day, we thought it would be a good idea if we tried our hand at a new comic, trying to capture the flavour of the 70s Marvel comics like Tomb of Dracula and the 80s comic, Scream!

Now we can't do it all ourselves (well we could but we don't want to) so this is where you all come in.
Any writers out there care to contribute short one-off terror tales, or episodes of six to eight  pages (which would basically work as stand alone adventures) for a recurring character?
Any small press artists want to join in? Any budding Alfredo Alcala or Gene Colans out there? We need strip artists and pin-up artists.
And if there is anyone willing to create the title logo that would be fantastic too!

Email or PM me (or Locust) if any of this appeals and we'll let you have more details.

You could also let us know what you think of the idea - would you buy a copy? We want to know if everybody else is as keen on the idea as we are!!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Greg M.

Well, as a both a profound Scream! fan and a shameless self-touting writer-whore, I would happily both read and write for such a publication. Yes.

locustsofdeath!

WRITERS: there are two types of scripts we are going for.

1. One-off Terror Tales from 1-4 pages. Must be self-contained, beginning, middle and end, with a considerable twist. Send your completed script.

2. Scripts that will contain recurring characters. These characters will feature in self-contained 6 or 8 page scripts. We do not want scripts for these quite yet - what we want are descriptions of your character and his world, his ambitions, goals, motivations. Bad guy or good guys or anti-heroes or anti-villains. If we like your idea, we'll ask for scripts.

Absolutely no sci-fi - this is a pure horror mag. Monsters of all kinds are allowed, but we want gothic horror along the lines of Tales of the Zombie, Tomb of Dracula, EC horror comics and scream. All we ask for are original takes on horror themes. You want to do zombies, yeah cool, right on, but please do not give us the usual rundown of cliches. Vampires, same thing, but give us something different.

Cheers guys. I look forward to hearing from you.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

locustsofdeath!

ARTISTS: We are also on the look out for covers, pinups and illos for features. We could also use a logo designed!

WRITERS 2: Every mag will have a write-up or two on gothic horror, be it comics, literature or movies. For example, issue 1 will see a write-up on mummy films by Davey, and the history of Scream! by maryanddavid. Interviews are also welcome.

We are shooting to have the first issue released Halloween 2012.

Cheers

Greg M.

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 24 August, 2011, 08:37:31 PM
For example, issue 1 will see a write-up on mummy films by Davey

I look forward to seeing if Frank Agrama's 'Dawn of the Mummy' merits a mention.  :)

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Greg M. on 24 August, 2011, 08:45:53 PM

I look forward to seeing if Frank Agrama's 'Dawn of the Mummy' merits a mention.  :)

There were five good minutes in that film!

Greg M.

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 24 August, 2011, 08:46:50 PM
Quote from: Greg M. on 24 August, 2011, 08:45:53 PM

There were five good minutes in that film!

There were, you just have to slog through a lot to get to them. I have an inexplicable fondness for the film... much like 'Burial Ground', it's got something...

Zarjazzer

Originality? Pah! Throws away script for Druffy the vampire slater.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Kirbs

Have a idea for this just need to get my story into script form. Very intreated :)

DoomBot

I'd be interested in doing some arty stuff for this. Follow the weblink on my profile to see my portfolio.

IAMTHESYSTEM

It's a sale already far as I'm concerned. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: DoomBot on 24 August, 2011, 09:14:24 PM
I'd be interested in doing some arty stuff for this. Follow the weblink on my profile to see my portfolio.

Lovely work, DoomBot - would love to have you on board.

Simud

That IS a great idea, for sure. I'll dig out some horror stuff I've got in the backyard and send you a script.

By the way, there's a friend of mine who'd like to have a go at the logo. Is there a name or any idea yet?