Main Menu

Prog 2018 - Atlantis has Fallen

Started by JUDGE BURNS, 11 February, 2017, 07:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUDGE BURNS

yet another progless Saturday here in cal-hab :-(

Sorry but nothing to report.

Darren Stephens

I suppose most of the usual crowd are lucky enough to be at the 40th celebration...? Only read Dredd, so far. More Flint brilliance on the art, really enjoying this tale. Oh, the covers ace, too!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Trent

No prog in furthest Lancashire although the Meg did tirn up so that will keep me goong over the weekend.

Taryn Tailz

Has the Mighty One issued an executive order banning Kingdom from getting a cover during this run? :P

Mattofthespurs

Both the Meg and the Prog arrived safely yesterday along with the 40th Anniversary 'best of' GN.
Updated Thrill Power Overload is due from Amazon today.

Timothy

You can't claim the Prog review thread with a post complaining that you've not got the Prog! This needs to be started again by somebody who has something to review.

Tjm86

Prog, Meg and TPO:40 pitched up yesterday.  Carroll carrying on the conspiracy theory vein in Dredd.  Flint art does it proud.  Yeowell on Sin/Dex with a nice old school style tale with an inept target and lots of guards as targets

KingMaker continues to show its strengths with a fine fast paced episode, as does the Order.  The highlight has to be Kingdom though and it's looking more and more like, and please excuse the Order related pun here, the worm has turned. 

Overall for my money this has to be the strongest prog in a while.  An outstanding roster or artists, good solid story telling even with the filler-esque Dredd and pointers to more interesting developments across the strips.

Also a nice little pun in the subsidiary tag line: "History burns in the wake of the worms."

Forty years on and still going incredibly strong.

ZenArcade

The handsome greyhaired devil on the bottom left hand side, running away is your one and only Zenarcade.
My 40 year wait is over, I made the front page!! Z :D
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

Wow Sunday evening and I'm the second to review the Prog in the Prog review thread... lot of posts not many actual reviews... still I guess that in part might be to do with the fact its difficult to add much to what's been said about the Prog of late when its on this kinda form.

As anyone who makes the effort to read my error clustered post knows the additional of Sinister Dexter to the line up is only going to improve my love Heavens to Betsy the Prog is on fire at the moment. This is a slight but wonderfully realised episode of this glorious series.

Dredd builds wonderfully on what's gone before and throws us a line at the end that could really spin things down an intriguing path. Henry Flint is a Many Tenticled Art Dark Art God surely. Just amazing stuff.

Kingmaker goes exactly where I expected it to, but by heck it does it with such irrepressible panaches and gusto who cares if the events this episode have been a little predictable. Its just a great series.

There's nothing predictable The Order and by heck when the Wyrm turns in this one you know its going to be a goodie and by george it is. Oh and speaking of gusto boy does this series have gusto.

Kingdom now see while I've adored the other stories Kingdom somehow managers some way of romping ahead of the field. All the excitment of last weeks reveal is completely justified with this deftly executed episode setting up the new world order. Fuckin' amazin' stuff.

What a cracking prog, if only some bugger whose actually read it would come to the review thread and lavish it with the praise it deserves!

Eamonn Clarke

Busy weekend with the 40th and all the eBay listings to do yesterday.
Here is the combined image from the 2000AD Fb and Twitter droids.

JUDGE BURNS

STILL PROGLESS HERE IN THE BURNS HOUSEHOLD.    MUST BE THE GLASGOW MAIL CENTRE THATS HOLDING THINGS UP  GRRRRRRRRRRRR , NOT HAPPY.   

moly

No prof in Essex, got the Meg though

Trent

Nope, not arrived in North Lancs yet...

JUDGE BURNS

Tuesday and my prog and meg finally arrive.

Not too bad a prog this week:

The only tales I read at the moment are Dredd and Kingdom, and its great to see Sinister and Dexter return this week. A wee bonus for me, as my surname on the front cover ( Burns ) haha

I'm not too fussed about the others, Kingmaker and The Order. I will wait until they finish and read it in one go.

Need to look out some books to be signed for next week  in Edinburgh by David Bishop and Karl Stock.  Going to see Colin MacNeil this weekend. :-)

Trent

Postie turned up with the prog just as I was hobbling my way to the bog.
Perfect timing!
Only read Dredd so far but the story continues to duck and weave and delight. The'box of tricks' perp was excellent and one of those that makes you think you would have seen more of his ilk in the past.
Final line teases for next week as a good episode should.
Loving the story as it extends and expands on what has gone before, fascinated to see how (and when) Carroll lands this although it is likely just another panel in his ever growing quilt so he probably feels okay to leave elements unresolved.