Main Menu

Prog 2018 - Atlantis has Fallen

Started by JUDGE BURNS, 11 February, 2017, 07:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Great prog, but with that lineup what else was I expecting?

Dredd continues to be very interesting, I suspect that the truth about [spoiler]Duke's seemingly incongruous age[/spoiler]is imminent! Flint breezily handles a fight scene that must have been a potential nightmare to present in comics-form (how do you show umpteen judges firing point-blank at one guy who mows them down one by one?).

My usual fave Sin Dex seemed a bit muddled (and shouldn't that have been 'the principal' and 'wireless headsets'?) , but Abnett's other strip was astoundingly good - if only all talking heads exposition could be as thrilltastic as Kingdom exposition!   

The Order is so good that I've run out of superlatives at this point. Suffice to say the phrase "Ritternet is go!" will be making regular appearances in my personal argot, and possibly even the marital bed.

Kingmaker oh Kingmaker, what am I to do with you? I have a few problems getting along with this strip, but the longer it goes on the more it starts to win me over. How much of this incipient detente is down to Leigh's stunning designs I just don't know.     

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 February, 2017, 12:18:40 PM
Quote from: Frank on 28 January, 2017, 03:50:21 PM
Now Carroll's introduced the idea there were three escapees, and this story is supposed to be about the hunt for one of them, you've got to think there'll be a switch, where it turns out the third escapee is another character in this story, to whom we've already been introduced. Brass is the obvious candidate; Duke would take more explaining, unless his job title is 'The Shapeshifter'*.

* But then there's still those letters he writes to his dad. That would be a pretty elaborate piece of misdirection.

Dredd continues to be very interesting, I suspect that the truth about [spoiler]Duke's seemingly incongruous age[/spoiler] is imminent!

Yeah, but maybe he knows we'll think using a feminine pronoun is a bluff and it's actually a double bluff. Or maybe he knows we'll think it's a double bluff, so in fact his bluff is that it's just a straightforward bluff.

Maybe the third Sector Zero employee's talent is exploiting quantum uncertainty, and they'll turn out to be Brass and Duke, simultaneously. Called it!

Pegasus P Artichoke

Another cracking prog, it's on a fantastic run at the moment

Dredd is brilliant with art and storytelling in perfect harmony, superb stuff and I cannot wait to see how it plays out next week

Kingmaker still really enjoying this, hopefully setting up the classic rag tag group against all the odds scenario...I'm a sucker for those

The Order not lost me yet so all good, still on board and can't ask for more than that from a strip that has lost me before in the past

Kingdom yeah this is good stuff

Now in the past Sinister Dexter hasn't always struck home with me for some reason but after having read the floppies from the meg recently I really enjoyed this outing. Thought it was a fun story

All in all another cracker and roll on next week for even more
We'll give them back their heroes

TordelBack

Quote from: Pegasus P Artichoke on 16 February, 2017, 08:12:51 PM
Kingmaker still really enjoying this, hopefully setting up the classic rag tag group against all the odds scenario...I'm a sucker for those

Then Edginton is your one-stop shop! (Brass Sun, Red Seas, Helium, Stickleback, current Scarlet Traces...)

Pegasus P Artichoke

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 February, 2017, 08:37:21 PM
Quote from: Pegasus P Artichoke on 16 February, 2017, 08:12:51 PM

Then Edginton is your one-stop shop! (Brass Sun, Red Seas, Helium, Stickleback, current Scarlet Traces...)

Ah, thank you.

I have read the most recent Brass Sun strips and what to get the collected editions so I can get a better understanding of the story and the characters

I have read all the scarlet traces so far and it's an epic story, though I feel that the first one is an absolute cracker and the pick of the bunch so far

And sadly I haven't read any of the others you have mentioned yet...but I will
We'll give them back their heroes

sheridan

Quote from: Pegasus P Artichoke on 17 February, 2017, 07:51:13 PM
And sadly I haven't read any of the others you have mentioned yet...but I will

Not sad - you have all the more to discover!

Fungus

This and the preceding prog read together today. That clicking sound is things finally working for me.
I've remained open-minded about Kingmaker and this latest Order, and now they're hitting their stride (not merely bias after meeting that nice Mr Kek-W last week).
Carroll's Dredd just gets better with every tale, and SD has become a favourite recently too.

Can't get along with the puntastic cat & dog story that is Kingdom, but loving the rest.