Main Menu

Prog 2019 - Forty Years. One Law. His Law.

Started by Richard, 18 February, 2017, 11:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

An outstanding Dredd cover by Greg Staples.

An equally good picture on the inside back cover by Nick Percival, with some very interesting and welcome news.

The Dredd story concludes in a very satisfactory way, and is my favourite episode of this 8-parter.

There's a new Sinister Dexter story, not a one-off this time but looks likely to be two or three episodes. Quite a fun one.

An action-packed episode of Kingmaker, with a big eye-catching picture of some [spoiler]dragons[/spoiler] which I liked.

The Order carries on. I'm not really a fan, but is suspect that the people who are are going to love it this week. There's lots of fighting.

And there's a particularly gory episode of Kingdom.

All round, a very good prog this week I think. My 40th anniversary prog didn't arrive though, so I suspect those of us who ordered it won't get it early.

Mattofthespurs

Such a beautiful cover.

I've not received either of my 40th Anniversary progs (both covers). Hoping to get them in the week.

Jim_Campbell

Cracking issue, again. Both the Prog and Meg are uniformly excellent at the moment, with a healthy portion of that quality being delivered by new (or new-ish) thrills, which is something to be cheered by in its own right.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Darren Stephens

Lovely Staples Dredd. The print on the cover of my copy is very, very washed out. Any one elses...?
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 18 February, 2017, 05:09:43 PM
Lovely Staples Dredd. The print on the cover of my copy is very, very washed out. Any one elses...?

Nope. Mine looks wonderful.

Richard

Jacqusie

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 18 February, 2017, 11:54:57 AM

I've not received either of my 40th Anniversary progs (both covers). Hoping to get them in the week.

The website says "This product will be released on Wednesday 22nd of February 2017" - so maybe they will come in the week / towards the weekend. I'm still a bit flumoxed why they didn't just do a bigger edition for Prog 2020 & make that the 40th Anniversary issue? ...after all 20+20 = 40!

:think:

Colin YNWA

There really is just nowt to say when the Prog is this good. Won't stop me of course but what the fuck can I add to the lavish praise of the last few weeks.

Dredd ends this story quite superbly, Sinister Dexter is better than last week with a lavish fun story, The Order, Kingdom and Kingmaker all continue to be thrills of the very VERY highest magnitude.

The Prog is astonishing good at the moment this line up would stand side by side with any from the previous 40 years.

Trent

Loved the Dredd story - Carroll really landed the ending this time. Often the problem with Dredd is that there are lots of good ideas floating around but little clue as to how to bring them to a satisfying conclusion. After the many stories and threads that fed into this 8 parter it rounds out the Sector Zero arc nicely (if Mike so decides).

Magnetica

Basically what Colin said.

Just a great Prog with a brilliant cover.

Kingmaker has really surprised me - it has gone from something I wasn't sure about, to being a truly great thrill. Equally I didn't really like Leigh Gallagher's art on Defoe, but on this it is just great.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Trent on 18 February, 2017, 11:03:18 PM
Loved the Dredd story - Carroll really landed the ending this time. Often the problem with Dredd is that there are lots of good ideas floating around but little clue as to how to bring them to a satisfying conclusion. After the many stories and threads that fed into this 8 parter it rounds out the Sector Zero arc nicely (if Mike so decides).

This ^^^

and Kingdom hurling towards what feels like a final conclusion and the two Thrills of the Prog for me.
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 February, 2017, 03:01:23 PMKingdom hurling towards what feels like a final conclusion
Noooooooooo! I hope your mouth is full of wrong, Proudhuff.

Proudhuff

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 February, 2017, 03:19:35 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 February, 2017, 03:01:23 PMKingdom hurling towards what feels like a final conclusion
Noooooooooo! I hope your mouth is full of wrong, Proudhuff.

Or it could be setting up a whole new story arc  :D
DDT did a job on me