Main Menu

Prog 2023 - Punch It

Started by hippynumber1, 18 March, 2017, 01:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: norton canes on 23 March, 2017, 10:45:23 AM
Cursed: Liked what I saw in prog 2000 so glad to see this continuing in the same vein. I find it genuinely disturbing that everything is this world will eventually be reduced to the endless fields of scattered bones   seen at the end of Judge Death Lives. I guess the whole 'Deadworld' series will end with the last citizen being executed by Death, as immortalised in the Judge Death Lives statue?

Not necessarily - presumably there's some form of space travel available (if not interstellar).  There's definitely going to be intradimensional travel at one point (that's how the DJs get their dimension jumps, by nicking them from travellers), so there's some (slender) hope that not everybody will die a grisly death.

sheridan

Quote from: robert_ellis on 22 March, 2017, 03:25:20 PM
Great line-up with this prog. I love an old school Dredd, with a laugh out loud ending. I can't honestly remember what happened previously in Deadworld, Brink or Scarlet Traces but they are all top. Maybe a catch up page each might have helped and keep new readers

Really is a great line-up - a one or two-page spread with more in-depth intros for the returning stories would have been a good idea for the presumed hordes of new/lapsed readers.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Quote from: sheridan on 23 March, 2017, 12:42:33 PM
Cursed: Liked what I saw in prog 2000 so glad to see this continuing in the same vein. I find it genuinely disturbing that everything is this world will eventually be reduced to the endless fields of scattered bones   seen at the end of Judge Death Lives. I guess the whole 'Deadworld' series will end with the last citizen being executed by Death, as immortalised in the Judge Death Lives statue?

Not necessarily - presumably there's some form of space travel available (if not interstellar).  There's definitely going to be intradimensional travel at one point (that's how the DJs get their dimension jumps, by nicking them from travellers), so there's some (slender) hope that not everybody will die a grisly death.

After chatting with both the enthusiastic Kek-W and Dark Judge Kendall at the 40th bash I came away with one single impression; expect the unexpected.

norton canes

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 March, 2017, 01:30:28 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 23 March, 2017, 12:42:33 PM

After chatting with both the enthusiastic Kek-W and Dark Judge Kendall at the 40th bash I came away with one single impression; expect the unexpected.

Points taken  :)

Just a wild guess, really. I thought it would provide a nice sense of... closure.