Main Menu

Prog 2026 - The Reeks Shall Not Inherit the Earth

Started by hippynumber1, 08 April, 2017, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: A.Cow on 09 April, 2017, 04:15:19 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 April, 2017, 05:26:21 PM
Scarlet Traces The thing that raises this up from his normal magnificence is the colouring. Its just devine.

For an amazing artist who normally puts so much analysis into things, his choice of a "keyboard" texture for one of the planets in the DNA structure diminished things a little for me.  A bizarre choice and quite jarring, I felt.

I was a bit confused by the circuit board, keyboard and clockwork worlds.  There's also a green textured world on the other side of the marbled red and yellow planet from clockworld which looks a bit artificial, but maybe that one's been terraformed?

Smith

TordelBack

Colin MacNeil  :o. Bloody hell, that is remarkable work. Imagine being able to do something visually new with zombies in 2017, and actually make them as disturbing and terrifying as they should be. I thought Defoe just wouldn't work without Gallagher's intricate art: I was totally wrong.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Smith on 12 April, 2017, 05:58:53 PM
Im thinking Harvey might get his own spinoff?

Robo-Judge... the future of law enforcement?

I'd buy that for a dollar!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteCursed: brilliant, just brilliant. And gruesome, that panel with the spoon...nice! Well done, Dave, I'm pretty sure that's a first for the prog.

Christ, yes, that was dreadful.  I don't think I've ever had to look away from a 2000ad panel in revulsion before.  I loved it.

I love Harvey too.  I really want him to get through this - Whereas you just knew Dredd failing Kraken and Rico failing Sinfeld's clone were good decisions, it would seem cheap and churlish* at this point for Dredd to fail Harvey.  Maybe Dredd's brain could eventually be transplanted into Harvey's...nah, never mind.

Great to see Colin McNeil get his paintbrushes out again.  I haven't read anything else yet.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

*I only recently learned what 'churlish' meant.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Smith

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 April, 2017, 09:11:43 PM
Quote from: Smith on 12 April, 2017, 05:58:53 PM
Im thinking Harvey might get his own spinoff?

Robo-Judge... the future of law enforcement?

I'd buy that for a dollar!
Appropriate reference there. :)

The Corinthian

Does anyone see a way where Harvey can stay with the strip as a recurring character? I think that might where Wagner is going with this.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Corinthian on 13 April, 2017, 09:27:17 AM
Does anyone see a way where Harvey can stay with the strip as a recurring character? I think that might where Wagner is going with this.

We'd all love this to happen.  So naturally Wagner will kill him in an off-hand manner, because we can't have nice things.  I'd say the very best we can hope for is back into storage.

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 April, 2017, 09:50:32 AM
Quote from: The Corinthian on 13 April, 2017, 09:27:17 AM

We'd all love this to happen.  So naturally Wagner will kill him in an off-hand manner, because we can't have nice things.  I'd say the very best we can hope for is back into storage.

I'm still not over the fact Boots never returned.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 April, 2017, 12:29:57 PM

Noooooo! Why did you re-open that wound?!  :'(
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 April, 2017, 12:29:57 PM

Maybe Harvey is secretly Boots' brain in a upgraded housing, and while TekDiv thinks it's the 'RV' programming creating his good judgin' it's actually the result of working with Dredd, Beeny and Rico... then when they put all-new models on the street without the benefit of a Township apprenticeship it turns out their programming is actually based on PD-314 and (long pause to create tension, affect gravelly stage whisper) all hell breaks loose.

Boots might even have had those wonderful robo-hensile feet under his, errr, boots.

sheridan

Pegasus P Artichoke

Another quality prog

Dredd is cracking and I to want to see Harvey do well but I think Wagner is going to pull the rug away at the end...maybe he'll sacrifice himself to save Dredd or something

Scarlet Traces and Brink just continue to be brilliant really enjoy both these

Defoe looked amazing

Cursed keeps going strong and imaginative uses of cutlery are always welcome
We'll give them back their heroes

moly

Great prog and at this rate 2017 could be one of the best years for quality since the millennium