Main Menu

Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)

Started by Taryn Tailz, 16 April, 2017, 01:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 May, 2017, 09:37:20 AM
I'll simply split the thread in two.

Preferred option for me.

I quite enjoyed Extremis, just ever so slightly disappointed that it was [spoiler]Missy[/spoiler] in the vault (but of course it had to be).

Saw a little kid in the neighborhood play with his dads old raybans Sonic Sunglasses on Sunday.
Warms the heart.

Andy Lambert

I didn't think people still went around saying or thinking "No sex please, we're British."

The occupant of the vault may have been revealed, but this is Moffat here, I don't trust him to be that straightforward... the reveal was pretty understated and the vault has yet to be opened - I think there's still a surprise in store...

Andy Lambert

I'm sorry, the idea that "straight" kissing has been introduced to Doctor Who to balance "LGBT" kissing so fewer people will complain IS the most paranoid and ridiculous thing I've heard...! That's hilarious!  :lol:

Andy B

Thought 'Extremis' was hugely entertaining. Monks are nicely sinister, especially the open-mouthed way they talk [spoiler](which is very reminiscent of the way the very first Cybermen talked. Interesting that they are coming back in a few episodes...)[/spoiler]

Loving this season: great Doctor / companion(s) team, and every episode better than the last.

edgeworthy

Best line in the episode

"Look up The Doctor ... under Cause of Death!"

Goaty

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 May, 2017, 08:08:50 AM
The phrase you're looking for isn't 'gay agenda', it's 'human rights'. And that's something I will happily push down your throat all day long.

But luckily this time you really are in an oppressed minority (of antedilluvian fools), so I'll leave you be, mainly because I'd say we're a jellybean away from this thread bring locked, as is the fate of many Dr Who threads across time and space.

I note the irony that while I've been celebrating progress towards decency in my own little state on this thread, our most famous gay pub has been defaced with swastikas and hate phrases. Happily everyone agrees the lone scrote responsible is a waste of skin.

So Dr Who's about promoting human rights now?   Maybe this whole "gay agenda" thing started off because I dunno.........maybe Russell T Davies actually stated he had a "gay agenda" with the show.

And he did too. 

He actually said that on an interview on News 24.   So it's not too surprising that people started talking about a gay agenda in the show and not too much of a stretch to think it's been carried on through the Moffat era too.  And it was mainly because some people regarded the Doctor as some gay icon fantasy not for promoting "tolerance" and "human rights".

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 22 May, 2017, 11:46:22 AM
I'm sorry, the idea that "straight" kissing has been introduced to Doctor Who to balance "LGBT" kissing so fewer people will complain IS the most paranoid and ridiculous thing I've heard...! That's hilarious!  :lol:

I don't care if it sounds hilarious or ridiculous.   I bet there's quite a bit of truth to it.   The old show very rarely (if ever) had anything like that in it and some people at the BBC know that if they just put gay people kissing each other in the show it would be too obvious so I wouldn't put it past them to up the straight stuff to make it not so obvious. 

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 22 May, 2017, 04:56:20 AM
Dude, get outside, breath some fresh air, see mental health therapist, because you sound paranoid as hell.

I'm not paranoid but we must all watch out for the shape shifting reptiles who are trying to take over our planet

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Steve Green on 22 May, 2017, 08:13:22 AM
ABCWarbot, what do you find so wrong with a group of people getting some representation in media?

Nothing.   I've already said I've got nothing against a gay character here and there.    My main problem is when it involves established characters like the Doctor and Master.   

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 22 May, 2017, 11:41:33 AM
I didn't think people still went around saying or thinking "No sex please, we're British."

The occupant of the vault may have been revealed, but this is Moffat here, I don't trust him to be that straightforward... the reveal was pretty understated and the vault has yet to be opened - I think there's still a surprise in store...

I'm only saying "no sex please" when it comes to Dr Who.   The show used to be perfectly fine before without it. 

Andy Lambert

I really can't be bothered to keep arguing with you. You can lead a man to information but you can't make him think.

GordonR

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 27 May, 2017, 01:14:05 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 22 May, 2017, 08:13:22 AM
ABCWarbot, what do you find so wrong with a group of people getting some representation in media?

Nothing.   I've already said I've got nothing against a gay character here and there.    My main problem is when it involves established characters like the Doctor and Master.   

Didn't you also get your knickers in a twist here about that 'gay Dredd' story a year or two back?

Anyone noticing a theme developing?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 27 May, 2017, 07:52:25 AM
I really can't be bothered to keep arguing with you. You can lead a man to information but you can't make him think.
Andy's sentiments, share them I do.

I will say this much though, has there ever been ANY actual sex in Doctor Who, homo or otherwise (Torchwood doesn't count), that would give creeps something to be irate about? The only three examples I can recall are THAT photo of Katty Manning, the woeful final scene in Dying Days, and BBV's Zygon movie. So....nothing, really...

Modern Panther

I certainly hope there are less priests in tonight's episode.  It's not that I have anything against priests, it's just that the show was better without priests.  I'm worried about the pro-priest agenda being promoted by the bbc, which is clearly an attempt at brainwashing our children.  I mean, there were hardly any priests in older shows, and I didn't have any issue with that.  Priest on tv are okay, but do we really need as many of them in family shows?