Main Menu

Prog 2030 Fearful Symmetry

Started by Proudhuff, 06 May, 2017, 02:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Burning Bright indeed!

Stunning cover that really jumps out at you, modern, clean and hi-tech without losing the human element.
Nice one INJ.

TMO goads us with his magnificence then tells us Greysuit is returning  :'(
Damage report uses the old BFH!

Dredd: Eglington and Dyer ( and Blythe and Parkhouse) deliver a pitchperfect tale:loverly set up, is that Dredd or another couple of Helmets ? don't see the Badge but they have his deportment.

Defoe: McNeil continues to make this interesting, the random appearance of reeks seems....well random.

Brink: totally wonderful. nice pacing, great breadcrumb trail and stunning art and colouring, layout and lettering help make this cracking stuff.

Scarlet Traces:totally wonderful. nice pacing and stunning art and colouring, layout and lettering help make this cracking stuff.

Cursed, for me, none of the above. But five pages with one small speech balloon is a brave bit of storytelling and I salute it!

But'man: There's a letters page with pics! fire up the beast  ;)

Praise the Lard! advert for latest Hachette 'Fast Food' on back page.

DDT did a job on me

Tjm86

This week's prog is stunning work artistically.  Dyer is evolving incredibly.  Macneil, sublime.  Culbard, gigantic strides.  D'israeli, outstanding.  Kendall, suitably and subtly freaky.  This is what gets me about the tooth, at it's worst it is merely mediocre.  Then it suddenly fires off all cylinders at once and all you can do is just stand there slack jawed in admiration.

<waynes world>  We're not worthy.  We're not worthy.  </waynes world>

Geoff

JoFox2108

I absolutely love this week's Dredd!  Dyer and Eglington's work looks AMAZING.  It's not just good art and good story-telling, you can feel the attitudes in the characters.  The scene in the clubhouse reminds me very much of a scene in the film American  History X.  I also really enjoyed the colours - lovely work by Chris Blythe.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

QuoteIt's all a deep end.

Colin YNWA

The Prog is still on fine form. Not quite everything is firing on all cylinders but its pretty much up there.

Dredd takes a down turn but is still bloody excellent. Its churlish to compare this episode to the last and so lets celebrate it on its own terms and its bloody good. Eglington is turning into a damned decent Dredd writer and this episode has a great balance and provides a great start to waht promises to be a very interesting story. All beautifully drawn by Nick Dyer.

Defoe continues to dig itself back to what it was before (all always falters to decieve in its ealry episodes!) bouyed only by some great MacNeil art.

Brink procedurals its self back to the very best and is just brilliant again.

Scarlet Traces continues to be engaging and fascinating

Deadworld well lordy me if an artist ever delievered a statement that he's not just style over substance this fantastic piece of storytelling from Dave Kendall is it. Kek-W dials it back so the art can shine and by the dark gods does it make for a quite chillin' quite thrillin' episode. Comics done by people who know what makes comics shine.

Tharg you old beauty you. Keep it up sir.

moly

Great prog but what stands out for me is brink didn't really take to the first run but this one is great

CalHab

Brink is the highlight for me this week. I loved the art in the first series but struggled to engage with the story, there was so much going on. This series benefits from a much clearer storyline and, incredibly, the art is even better.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 May, 2017, 02:13:01 PM

Defoe: McNeil continues to make this interesting, the random appearance of reeks seems....well random.

I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that! -the art is so good, I'm not going to get too hung up on the finer details of a wonky script - unless it goes well south that is!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Jacqusie on 07 May, 2017, 05:14:21 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 May, 2017, 02:13:01 PM
I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought that! -the art is so good, I'm not going to get too hung up on the finer details of a wonky script - unless it goes well south that is!

Didn't the reeks use to be mindless? or am I getting my zombies mixed up? These ones seem to have read all of Gerald Winstanley's work!!
DDT did a job on me

Richard

Most reeks are mindless but there are some exceptions, although I've forgotten why.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Eamonn Clarke

Scarlet Traces:
I grok Martian, or at least Doopspeak:
It's all nonsense and not plot points I'm afraid.
I don't know if this is from Ian, Matt or Annie but it does read like some strange martian poetry.

[spoiler]Got a hole in your panty
Got a big behind like Frankenstein
Going beep beep beep
Down Sesame street
In your ear with a can of beer
Up your butt with a coconut
You got big red eyes like cherry pies
You blow up like a toad and then explode[/spoiler]

JUDGE BURNS

Tuesday and still no prog on the doorstep.  :-(

TordelBack

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 09 May, 2017, 01:08:29 PM
Scarlet Traces:
I grok Martian, or at least Doopspeak:
It's all nonsense and not plot points I'm afraid.
I don't know if this is from Ian, Matt or Annie but it does read like some strange martian poetry.

[spoiler]Got a hole in your panty
Got a big behind like Frankenstein
Going beep beep beep
Down Sesame street
In your ear with a can of beer
Up your butt with a coconut
You got big red eyes like cherry pies
You blow up like a toad and then explode[/spoiler]

Daphne & Celeste?!?  Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough.