Main Menu

Slaine original comics.

Started by SteveA, 25 October, 2017, 04:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Just looking for some advice on how much I should sell my comics for? I have a 1993 original print of Slaine The Horned God (The complete story) in good condition, and a 1996 orginal print of Slaine Demon Killer which is in exellent condition. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Magnetica

I'm a bit confused by this question. What original Slaine comic do you mean?

Slaine originally appeared in 2000AD, so anything else isn't original as such.

Or do you mean reprint GNs?

IndigoPrime

I'm assuming the 1993 print is probably Hamlyn's, and the same for the 1996 Demon Killer.

In terms of value, they aren't anything particularly special. I suppose if someone's desperate for full-size reprints of the strips, you might get the cover price on eBay, but I suspect that'd be hopeful, given that these collections are still in print (and Horned God can be bought for three quid as part of the 2000 AD Ultimate Collection, in hardback).

Magnetica

3 quid you say?

That's pushing it - it's actually only 2! (£1.99 if we are being pedantic).

But I'm on the same page as you - given that, other versions probably aren't going to be worth much. Especially one that is actually a reprint and not an original.

IndigoPrime

Gah. For some reason, I thought it was £2.99, not £1.99. So, yeah: even when taking into account postage, it's dirt cheap – and probably for the best modern reprint of the tale.

My take on all those old reprints is: get what you can, but don't expect much. To some extent, that's even the case with Rebellion's output, although some of those titles can have reasonable value when they've fallen out of print (for people wanting to plug gaps).

SteveA

Thanks for the replies. Looks like they are definitely reprints...
They are both produced by Mandarin Offset and are 2000 AD. Soft cover paper backs.
The Horned God "For the first time complete in one volume"  ISBN is 9780749316372 / 0749316373
Demon Killer ISBN is 9780600590453 / 0600590453
Hope this clears up any confusion...