Main Menu

Cardiff Comic & Film Con 2014 - 1st - 2nd March

Started by amines2058, 23 February, 2014, 06:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amines2058

Not seen a lot mentioned on here regarding this event considering it is only next weekend when it happens?? It appears that there was a large contingent who went to the last one, is there many from the forum going this year??
Me and my boy will be going down on the Sunday probably. If no-one else is there then I will try to grab some pics and post up anything of interest that I see.
Wagner, Teague and Roach have got my interest, plus there is a convention exclusive cover of the new IDW Rogue Trooper being made available which you can get signed by Ponticelli.

strontium71

It says on the page that if you can't make it to the event , you can buy the Rogue Trooper variant and get it signed via Showmasters. Try as I might , I can't see any link to actually buying and pre-ordering the comic. Is there something I've missed?
...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's not the same event as we all went to last year. This is Showmasters and so it'll be a lot more impersonal. It's all cosplay, with celebrities, with stalls full of stuff, with comics as an afterthought.
My own belief is that they saw how popular the Cardiff Comic Con was and so muscled in on the event, hence no proper con (the way we would like it) for Cardiff.

Steve Green

Yep, the Showmasters Film and Comic Con emphasies the film/tv/celebs, they don't have the same feel as the independent cons.

MCM/Memorabilia cons are the same kind of deal.

amines2058

Cheers all, that is good to know. Even so I will still go along as I am only 10 miles away. Plus me and boy will look forward to seeing Indy, Star Wars stuff, plus the DeLorean from BTTF. And of course the opportunity to meet some 2000ad creators will also be high on the agenda!  :D

Large48

amines2058 - if you do go and the Rogue Trooper Variant is there, any chance you could pick one up for me please?

PM me for pre-payment or payment etc.

cheers  :D
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

amines2058

Quote from: Large48 on 26 February, 2014, 08:12:25 AM
amines2058 - if you do go and the Rogue Trooper Variant is there, any chance you could pick one up for me please?

PM me for pre-payment or payment etc.

cheers  :D

Large 48, not a problem as long as I get down there and there are some left I will grab you one. Can PM you afterwards then for payment and address details.

shaolin_monkey

I took my kids to the event on a Saturday last year, as they are big Red Dwarf fans, and a lot of the cast were (supposedly) attending.  Also, I was doing a recce to see if it was worth patrolling on the Sunday.  It was a bloody nightmare.  They'd crammed in so many stalls in such a small venue (the same venue as this year) that you were pushing and shoving just to walk past stuff.  There was no shoulder room at the stalls so you couldn't look at anything on sale.  My kids got shoved, jostled and stamped on.  After an hour we gave up.

A horrendous experience. I know all cons want to turn a profit, but this seemed totally soulless - no love of the subjects on display, just an exercise in raking in as much cash as possible.  I'm definitely NOT going this year, nor will I be patrolling it any time soon.