Main Menu

New Who pic

Started by longmanshort, 28 February, 2005, 02:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longmanshort

Saturday's Daily Mirror (I only bought it after th barber said I couldn't tear the pic out of his copy, okay?!) had a new publicity pic from the new series of Dr Who, featuring the Doc battling the Autons!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/longmanshort/whoduel.jpg">

Groovy!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Quirkafleeg

Doctor being taken from behind, by the look of it

Adrian Bamforth

Hmmm, he looks more like he's just been out watching a football match than a traveller in time and space.

ADE (favouring the Edwardian look)

Tordelbach

Well, incongruous garb is sort of his schtick...

Art

According to The Observer, there are 8,000 'active' fans in Britain...

Quirkafleeg

Is that 'active' as in 'active homosexual'?

Richmond Clements

Well, if that picture's anything to go by...

longmanshort

Link: http://www.warrenellis.com/index.php?p=433" target="_blank">Warren Ellis gives his view on new Who

Devons Daddy

ok thats it im sold

decent actor for the doctor, assistant who is said to be good.
 lots of worlds have norths, douglas adams himslef could not have written a better line.

its a british  sci fi show for adults and children.
and if it was anything else we would all be up in arms.
this is a must get my father to tape and send over.

DD gets the chair pulled off the wall. and some nice cushioins for devon and he to hide behind.

DR WHO. i cant bloody wait.
best decsion BBC have made in years.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

longmanshort

Apparently, Ecclestone e-mailed the producers and offered himself for the role - well done that man!

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4326005.stm" target="_blank">Natty actor mails man ...

Dan Kelly

Am I the only cynic noting the "leak" of the first episode onto the interweb the weekend before there is a big push of publicity about it?

Both the Grauniad and the Beeb had interviews with Russel T Davies today, before the news of the leak hit.

Not that I'm bitter I missed it on BitTorrent.  Oh no

Dan

Richmond Clements

Three weeks!
I'm getting rather excited now...

Grant Goggans

A VCD of episode one is waiting for me to pick it up this evening.  I'll have it in (argh) seven hours.  If my player can handle VCDs, I'll watch it tonight.  :-)

Since it apparently won't be airing in the US, we have to resort to these drastic measures.  Still, it beats running VHS tapes through a dodgy PAL to NTSC convertor or getting a camera copy of the episodes like we had to do back when Sylvester McCoy was the Doctor.

--Grant

Trout

Hmmm. I'm a cynic, too, but quite keen to see this now.

Looks, well, better than okay.

- Trout

The Amstor Computer

"getting a camera copy of the episodes like we had to do back when Sylvester McCoy was the Doctor."

...and there are some who'd suggest that was probably the best way to view those particular episodes. That, or with the TV at the bottom of a pit... ;-)