Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Attenborough is on BBC2 again
You may quote me on that.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: pops1983 on 23 November, 2012, 09:23:55 PM
Attenborough is on BBC2 again

You eve read his autobiography? It's bloody great.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Can't say I have. I'll have to add it to the list
You may quote me on that.

JOE SOAP

Here's Johnny

Double Grierson Award-winning documentary exploring the singular imagination of Judge Dredd artist Johnny Hicklenton and his battle against multiple sclerosis

Fri 30 Nov at 10pm , Sky Arts 2 HD

Spikes

Last nights BBC4's Beach Boys fest. And all still available on the i-player.
Enjoyed the doc on the only cool Beach Boy - Dennis Wilson. But blimey, he led a rum life at times.
Married, and got pregnant Mike Love's (his cousin and fellow band member, no less!) daughter, and hooked up with good ol' Charley Manson for a while. Crazy times, the 60's.

Spikes

Alien Investigations on Ch4 tonight at 8.00pm

Link Prime

Quote from: Judge Jack on 02 December, 2012, 01:06:24 PM
Alien Investigations on Ch4 tonight at 8.00pm

Saw the ad for that- it'll probably be as substantial as a damp sherbet dip, but I'll watch it anyway!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Judge Jack on 01 December, 2012, 12:53:44 PM
Last nights BBC4's Beach Boys fest. And all still available on the i-player.
Enjoyed the doc on the only cool Beach Boy - Dennis Wilson. But blimey, he led a rum life at times.
Married, and got pregnant Mike Love's (his cousin and fellow band member, no less!) daughter, and hooked up with good ol' Charley Manson for a while. Crazy times, the 60's.
Awesome stuff, wasn't it? This sort of thing is why the BBC is great.

Spikes

Aye. BBC4 is pretty much the first port of call for me now, telly-wise (though BBC2 is still hanging in there!).
Is there two consistantly better channel's than these? I doubt it.

SmallBlueThing

But equally, is there a worse channel than BBCTHREE? I used to find it tolerable up to a point, but now- like E4, MORE4 and all those fuck-awful things at the middle and arse-end of the EPG i just wish it didnt exist, and like a disgruntled Daily Mail reader actually object to a weeny bit of my license fee being spent on it. I remember exactly when it went tits-up too; two episodes into The Mighty Boosh series three, when a series I'd previously loved to the point of tears, suddenly in an instant became unwatchable.

"My" BBC is the news channel and RADIO 4Xtra- and for those i'm happy to pay whatever the fee is now.
SBT

Frank

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 02 December, 2012, 05:25:24 PM
But equally, is there a worse channel than BBCTHREE? ... "My" BBC is the news channel and RADIO 4Xtra- and for those i'm happy to pay whatever the fee is now.

That's the point, isn't it? Everyone's got a few aspects of the BBC they value and other bits that seem like a waste of time and money - and they're all different. My viewing and listening habits are similar to those described above (plus the music stations); the entire daytime TV schedule seem like a squandering of scarce resources to me ... and yet my Mum records Homes Under the Hammer in case she misses an episode.

Spikes

Cant remember the last time i watched owt on BBC3, it might as well not be there, for me.

Quote from: we are all roger godpleton on 02 December, 2012, 06:08:11 PM
the entire daytime TV schedule seem like a squandering of scarce resources to me ... and yet my Mum records Homes Under the Hammer in case she misses an episode.

Ah, when your full of cold and off work, there's nowt better than to lazy around and watch all that gubbins.
Its kinda comforting,  ;)

Frank

I was almost asleep five minutes ago, so I may have misheard this. Radio Four's prosaically named Film Programme claims that it will feature "graphic novelist" Anal Moore discussing Northampton's influence on Film Noir (!?). It's on right now, or you can listen to it again on iplayer from Monday.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Spikes

Predators on Saturday Ch4.
First showing on terrestrial TV?
Caught this at the pictures, and dint think it was much cop then, but ill give it a re-watch.