Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: sauchie on 16 June, 2013, 09:42:43 PM

Valhalla Rising, BBC2, 23:35. It's a Nicholas Winding Refn (Drive, Pusher) film about Vikings, but was filmed in Scotland.

Oh fuck, always want to see that! will recording it now! I remember see some picture of Mads Mikkelsen in it.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Mardroid

I'm watching it at the moment, and was wondering quite what was going on. I saw a bunch of guys chained up and killing each other and... [spoiler]Yikes. A guy just got disembowelled by a one armed man who just escaped captivity.[/spoiler]  It feels rather like I've entered the film part way through, but maybe things will become clearer later.

Lovely bleak scenery.

Spikes

Toy Hunter at 9pm tonight on Quest, for an hour.
And its also on this coming Wednesday, i think.
Now i dont know if this is a brand new series, or what. But i happened to catch the trailer for this the other day, and it looks intriguing.
The basic idea seems to be a US collector searching peoples homes for vintage toys. Sure i caught a glimpse of some Star Trek stuff, and what looked to be the infamous Kenner Alien figure being unearthed.

Mardroid

Concerning Valhalla rising:

I had it on until the end. I say 'had it on' because I stopped paying attention after a while and as such am probably not qualified to make this judgement but...

It really wasn't very good. The main problem was it was just so very boring. (Hence my reason for switching off.)

I'll reiiterate, the bleak imagery was interesting, but give me Erik the Viking any day.*

The Returned continues to be rather good and highly intriguing.

*Okay poor comparison since it's a completely different kind of film, but it's fun!

Goaty

Dog Soldiers on FilmFour tonight, I loved that film and Spoon as well! :)

Link Prime

Quote from: Goaty on 22 June, 2013, 09:34:33 PM

Dog Soldiers on FilmFour tonight, I loved that film and Spoon as well! :)

Great movie, and an accomplished first feature for Neil Marshall.
You've inspired me to dig out the DVD (If I could only move from the couch of course).

IAMTHESYSTEM

For those that like their fascism with no faceplate it's Paul Vorhoeven's gory Starship Troopers on the beeb. Might cut the splat bits a bit.

BBC 1 11:25pm 27/6/2013
Starship Troopers:FILM:Science fiction adventure in which Earth is threatened by giant insects from outer space.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Link Prime

Always meant to watch this, but never got the chance; til now.
'Tony Manero' is on TG4 at 12.45am.

It's about a serial killer who thinks he's a 70's disco icon.
I know, right?

Frank

TV highlight of the week will come virtue of BBC2 scientific strand Horizon, in which the divine Professor Alice Roberts investigates What Makes Us Human - hopefully just the first in a series which will also see her illustrate the answer to the question What Makes Us Female?

Spikes

Shane Meadow's bona fide classic Dead Man's Shoes is on Film4 at 10:50 tonight.

Goaty

Double bills of Repo Men and The Cave on C4 tonight, both crap films but entertainment to watch on Saturday night!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Full Metal Jousting is on Challenge right now. Reality format aside, this is a great show.
You may quote me on that.

Frank

Family Tree, BBC2, in about ten minutes. It's a BBC/HBO co-production; it's a spoof documentary created, written by and starring Nigel Tuffnel and David St Hubbins from Spinal Tap; it's got Roy from The IT Crowd in it. TV comedy used to be my thing - and all my old VHS video tapes are full of them - but I don't get on with much new stuff - worth a go:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0182jm2/Family_Tree_The_Box/

Goaty