Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TOINIGHT, EPISODE 13, THE PARTING OF THE WAYS. 18/6/05...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 18 June, 2005, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...thanks for the thanks Mr Amstor Computer Sir, (your cheques in the post) im glad i didnt annoy tomany people with these threads, it is after all a 2000ad web-site, but all id like to say is i love this show and just wanted to see if everyone else was liking it to, especially people who would have previously cringed at watching it, and aleast on this site, as opposed to Who sites one can get a more balanced opinion...

Bico

paulvonscott

Heh, I wanted to be the first here to say 'Ah, it was a bit dull really'

It was a bit of a cop out, but it was a fun cop out.

A nice ending to a show, which on and off has given me one tv program I want to watch each week for almost 3 months.

petemaskreplica

Yes, it was. Still, some nice stuff on the way to the cop-out, and 2 lines and a cheeky grin were enough to persuade me David Tennant's going to be great :)

The Amstor Computer

Loved it. A few duff moments, and a slightly easy resolution, but what an enjoyable episode.

The revealing of "Bad Wolf" was nicely done - they *were* messages sent to Rose and the Doctor, but by Rose herself - and the Emperor Dalek was fucking phenomenal.

Nice to see no sign of Davros, Adam, the Master or any of the other hundreds of guesses - the Emperor was nice and simple, and the survival of the Daleks was quite elegantly explained. Some real quotable lines from the big bastard as well!

Ecclestone and Piper both gave top performances, and their final scene was - to use the word of the moment - fantastic.

The regeneration was nicely handled, and Tennant's first appearance as the Doctor was certainly memorable.

On the downside, a little too much time was spent back on Earth, and I think a better solution for opening the TARDIS would have been nice - even if it was just Rose out of her wits, pounding her fists on it.

Christmas can't come soon enough!

SamuelAWilkinson

Agree with the general consensus kicking around here. Was somewhat cop-outy, but handled in a fun and enjoyable way.

Though am I wrong in thinking that Rose is the first companion to get a forewarning of a regeneration? 'Cos normally it's like tum-te-tum, the Doctor's been shot. Waidaminnt. Who the fuck are you? etc etc
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

paulvonscott

Would the Adamites, please leave the building.

I have to say, at one point, I thought he might get the chance to redeam himself when rose was on earth, and use his skills to get the tardis going again.

My Bad Wolf theory was that Captain Jack in his missing two years of life, had been captured and programmed and was going to turn evil.  But, that wasn't what happened.

DavidXBrunt

Woo and Hoo quite frankly. I really enjoyed that. It wasn't perfect but it was bloody good.

And La Diva Tennant will be great.

Artificial Idiot

Loved it. Can't wait for more!

Too fragging hot to give a real evalution, so that'll have to do...

Lord Running Clam

I've got to agree that it was abit of a letdown as well.
I still injoyed it,The Emperor Dalek alone made it worth watching.Its a shame theres no Daleks in the second series,as now its going to be a real wait to see him again.
I really liked the moment when Captain Jack sees the Tardis going and his face just brakes.I do hope we get to see him again.
The regeneration was good and Tennant looks like hes going to be a good follow up doctor who.
The main problems with the episode were,far to much time spent in the past though Mickys reaction to Rose saying that there was nothing to keep her there was good.For an episode with so many Daleks you didn't get to see them doing much.It also had a really bad line in "Somebody needs a doctor" which just didn't work at all.
Looking at what I typed it may come across as a bit negative but as the last episode I feel it could have been a lot better.I still can't wait till christmas though.

Smiley

Lightness of being triumphing over physical self-loathing... subtle as a brick.

The Amstor Computer

I just flipped through some of the discussions at Outpost Gallifrey about the spoilers that appeared in the papers this week - I can't believe how much would have been ruined if I'd seen these! The appearance of the Dalek Emperor, the regeneration, Bad Wolf...

BTW - a trailer for the Chrimbo special is out already. Compiles bits from this series with a "The countdown to the Christmas Invasion starts here..."

paulvonscott

"And La Diva Tennant will be great."

I reckon tennant will be a proper British Doctor WHo of the old style.  I reckon he'll be absolutely fantastic.

I was initially pleased Eccleston was just on for one series, but actually I'd like to have seen where he went from here really.  

BUT as I said, those reservations are swept aside by the fact I think Tennant will be a really good eccentric Brit Doctor Who.

Overall I'm grateful it just wasn't an embarresment, the fact I really enjoyed much of the series is a real boost.

Scottiepunk

Thought the ending was a bit of a cop out also, was a bit (only a little bit) disapointed by the Bad Wolf thing, and didn't like the way the doctor saved Rose from her predicament (trying to avoid a minor spoiler!). Over all though it kept me glued to the tv and I thoroughly enjoyed this episode and infact the whole series, can't wait for more. I agree also that Tennant will probably prove to be a bloody good Dr.

Artificial Idiot

So, what did the papers actually spoil? Everything?