Main Menu

Where dust goes to gather...

Started by Trout, 18 September, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Mangamax, that is extremely cool! I especially like the Space 1999 stuff and the Batman statue. Thanks for posting the pics!

I must do an update of my boxroom sometime, as it's getting a little... concentrated, thanks to the loss of my spare room space (blame the baby).

- Trout

W. R. Logan

Inspired by the posts here I've decided that my room needs to be sorted and the process will begin on Monday. Over the last two years my Comic Room has got to the stage where because of the Comics and all my Army stuff you can no longer open the door more than a couple of inches.

Pics and progress report will follow.

Devons Daddy

in this new home, i have a games room, for want of a more mature word, its what the wife describes  as, oh thats my husbands PLAY ROOM!.

WII, Xbox,DVDs,Games,plasma tv, leather sofa and the progs and art on the walls,
plus the 2k toys, i shall,post some pics,the house is WI-FI so the laptop is in there as well
also my teddy bear from my very youth, framed up next to me signed pics of Adam Ant, william shatner and leonard nimoy.

overall its the room i wanted when i was a lad.
they say having everything you want will not make you happy,

trust me, they are wrong.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

vzzbux

Damn I have just purchased this off e-bay. Fuck I just cant help myself.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Cyberleader2000

This long awaited toy I mean collectibles is now finally in my collection It came in the post this morning. :D :D :D :D :D :D

O and whilst I'm posting photos here Is my Lego collection some of them are nerily as old as I am.

Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

James Stacey

ooh can we post lego in this section .. thats where dust goes to gather in my house :)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=113179

back when it was tidy in there...

Trout

Cool! Nice one, James.

I've undertaken a major reorganisation of the Hideous Boxroom of Doom in recent weeks, due to Baby Max going into his own room and the need to get the last of my stuff out of there.

I'm quite pleased with the results, but even more so with the sorting-stuff-out process, which of course involved lots of stopping to read stuff.

Also, I found myself selling loads of old tat that turned up, including four old mobile phones. I can recommend musicmagpie.co.uk, who are sending me more than £40 for dusty old CDs and DVDs that hadn't been touched in a long time. (You can make a lot more on eBay, but musicmagpie is just so incredibly easy to sort out.)

- Trout

Kerrin

That's a serious Lego habit James.  :o  Very nice!

mogzilla

i would like you to do a mega city out of lego ! if they did the figures mike caroll did renders of a while back i would be a happy bunny.

TordelBack

Quote from: James S on 11 May, 2010, 04:17:19 PM
ooh can we post lego in this section .. thats where dust goes to gather in my house :)

James, my Mum says I can come over to play if your Mum says it's okay.

Holy hell man, that's impressive!  I've been relentlessly hoovering up 'unwanted' Lego of grown (and unimaginative) children from all the various branches of my family since I was 5, recently expanding into the untouched worlds of in-laws (under the banner of 'if it's just cluttering up the attic our little boy would get great value out of it'), and I haven't amassed the teensiest fraction of that Aladdin's Cave.  As an aside, I have often wondered is there any kids' toy that costs quite as much by weight*.

*other than Gundams, obviously.

Jim_Campbell

You'd think they would have made higher resolution Lego by now ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

James Stacey

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 May, 2010, 12:15:17 AM
You'd think they would have made higher resolution Lego by now ...

Cheers!

Jim
It's called Modulex. Made by Lego and came out in the 70s. The intention being it could be used to make architectural models. The company is still going but they make the big signs that you see in airports and train stations now, no idea.

I actually got rid of a lot of lego about 4 years ago (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=285305) that was about 150 kilos worth. Not really built anything since then, and the original photos I linked were taken since then. So I still have way too much. I'm packing up the house at the moment due to having to move out and got scared with quite how much I have. I'd forgotten :)

worldshown

So the last thing you want to see are the new collectable minifigures that Lego have started producing?

James Stacey

I'm attempting to ignore them for as long as poss. The new Star Wars Minifigs are the shizzle apparently. My not updated for 5 years site is @ http://www.minifig.co.uk/ Not much dust on there tho so probably Off Topic :) I realised I needed to stop after building this http://www.minifig.co.uk/default.asp?id=3&mID=37

Proudhuff

Great lego castle and village, I was quite dismayed when Mini-mini Huff decided he was too big for lego and a very large box including starwars walkers figures and Indy stuff was consigned to the garage :(
DDT did a job on me