Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 April, 2010, 07:03:24 AM
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning and Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner were favourites of mine when I was a young teenager.  Came for the lurid taglines ('Youth out of control!' or somesuch) , stayed for the powerful soap opera.

What was the one where they bung the stolen cash up a drainpipe and then it gets rained out during the night?
STRIKE !!!

Daveycandlish

QuotePeter O'Donnell, Creator Of Modesty Blaise.

That explains why he wasn't writing the introductions on the latest collections.
Bugger.
I love this character, so sad to see him go, even after a good innings
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

IAMTHESYSTEM

RIP Peter O'Donnell. :(

I always remember being shocked when I first read Modesty Blaise in the Evening Standard [now Pravda Standard] as a young nipper. 'She's kicking people's heads in and she's a girl!' I shouted angrily since mysogeny was a word I had yet to encounter.

All these years later I appreciate the great writing and Artists particularly Jim Holdaway who contributed to Peter O'Donnell's superspy. A newspaper comic strip classic. 
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

wild-seven

QuoteRIP Peter O'Donnell.

Arses, Modesty Blaise is a personal favourite of mine, RIP Sir X
I was going to procrastinate but I think I'll leave it till tomorrow

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Trout

Frank Frazetta. :(

Dunk!

Frazetta gone!

Gutted.

One of my heroes, even through my "arty" Uni days.
"Trust we"

johnnystress

Richmond Clements

SuperSurfer

I used to stand looking at the Frank Frazetta covers to Conan books for ages in WHSmith as a kid, to the point that staff would have to ask me to leave. 

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Trout

IAMTHESYSTEM

Frank Frazetta was one of the masters of illustration whose painting style was so powerful his very surname became synonomous with Fantasy art.

He also illustrated comic strips even posing for one of Al Williamson's ink renderings.

A titan of the genre is gone folks and it is unlikely we will see so influential a figure again. Simply look upon his works and marvel at the boundless talent of a true legend.

RIP Frank Frazetta. :(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla