Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

Ingrid Pitt, Hammer's sexiest vampire, age 73

strontium71

Oh that's sad  :(

I went to Birmingham Memorabilia maaaany years ago , and whilst perusing some corner stall noticed a quite attractive for an oldish lady sat on her own in her own booth . No-one was paying her any attention and she looked quite sad. She looked up and said hello. I'm very shy and just gurned back. It was only when I was walking away did I see the card on her table saying ' Ingrid Pitt - signings' . All on her own  :(
...because I hate you.

exilewood

Heath C Ackley

I may have been at that same fair but she did go to a few. I did have the courage to chat with Ingrid and found her a warm, friendly person with a mischievous sense of humour. I know she had been quite ill for the past few years. She also starred in Where Eagles Dare eith Eastwood and Richard Burton. Most of the Hammer actresses were chosen for their beauty and bust size but there was something more with Ingrid, she was more tham just a scream queen. Check out her most famous movie Countess Dracula, based on the Bathory legend.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

COMMANDO FORCES

I met Ingrid at a Maidstone Memorablia Event (the only one this town has held) and she was lovely. I was taken aback seeing her here and just as Strontium71 said, she was sat with no-one (except her manager). I got a few signed pics and asked for a photo (don't ask, don't get) and just chatted for ages, she noticed my top and asked me about that, I suppose it becomes a wee bit boring saying the same stories to each fan and she enjoyed all my tales and likewise I enjoyed the stories she told. I reckon I sat with her for over 30 minutes and still no-one came up to her table, which was sad.
I shall miss her and raise a glass to her tonight.

johnnystress

Nice photo, nice story

RIP Ingrid

Buttonman

Would it be bad taste to say RIP to Commando Forces' hair?

Thought so.

That Ingrid Pitt and Madeline Smith scene from 'The Vampire Lovers' nearly wore out an early VHS of mine - lovely lady.

Misanthrope

Ingrid Pitt's autobiography has to be one of the most entertaining books I have ever read.

RIP.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Adrian Bamforth

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 November, 2010, 12:51:30 AM
Ah well. Who wants to live forever?

I do... and you know what? So far, so good.

Albion

Bernard Matthews. Seems like an appropriate time of year for him to leave this earth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-11845703
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

radiator

Bernard Matthews!

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Rog69

Apparently he left instructions for his body to be frozen and then defrosted and cremated on Christmas day.