Main Menu

Metro Dredds question

Started by Max Headroom, 06 April, 2014, 08:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

I was just looking on Barney to see how many Metro Dredds there were in entirety and came across two conflicting bits of information: In the 'Thrill Viewer Index' there are listed 32 different stories, but in the 'Beyond 2000ad Metro' section I counted 40 different strips. Does anyone know definitively how may there were and did it only run from January 2004 to Jan 2005?

Any help appreciated!

glassstanley

Barney says reprints this:

"The daily Judge Dredd strip appearing in free commuter newspaper Metro will start on Monday 26th January 2004, it has been confirmed. Drawn by newcomers Inaki Miranda and Eva De La Cruz, each story arc will last for one week, with a three-panel episode featuring in the paper every day. Dredd will be having a residency for a six-month period. " which was from a Meg at the time.

The late January start would suggest it ran for less than 52 weeks. Combining the 2 lists you mention suggests 41 strips (though I'll need to double-check as I can't work out which one have 41 - too early in the morning!)

I, Cosh

Quote from: Max Headroom on 06 April, 2014, 08:17:58 PM
I was just looking on Barney to see how many Metro Dredds there were in entirety and came across two conflicting bits of information: In the 'Thrill Viewer Index' there are listed 32 different stories, but in the 'Beyond 2000ad Metro' section I counted 40 different strips. Does anyone know definitively how may there were and did it only run from January 2004 to Jan 2005?
The Thrillviewer only lists the stories you can read online. The Beyond 2000AD listing will contain everything.
We never really die.

Large48

There were at least 49 strips, some drawn by Steve Roberts.

27 were reprinted in the Meg, one of them "Cab Wars" was reprinted twice in the Meg.................... :-X

Some of them only had 4 of the 5 strips printed in the Metro due to Bank Holidays etc.

Here's a list of what I know about:

Mutie Menace   
It's Only Ruck and Roll   
The Taking of Zoom 123   
Cab Wars   
Diet Hard   
Code 99 Red   
Alientown   
Snowdonia   
Pirates of the Carrie Bean   
Lard of the Ring   
Genolympics   
Census or Senseless   
Shadow Of Death   
Miss Moople   
Heatwave   
Coast to Coast   
Big Sister   
Fly-By   
Presumption of Guilt   
Fluffy   
Undercity   
The Mighty One   
Where's Wally?   
Night of the Mutants   
Mega-Olympics   
Payment Due   
Celebrity Showdown   
Gangs of Mega-City One   
Going Nuclear   
Boneheads   
Illegal Parking   
Robo-Virus   
Tour of Duty   
Wreckers   
Tate Retro   
Bit Builders   
Max Security   
Aeroball   
Great Balls of Fire   
Sheer Heart Attack   
Eezee Zoom   
Judge Dud   
Congestion Charge   
Not Just a Cigar   
Summer Solstice   
Art Attack   
Fast Food   
A Royal Affair   
Playing Away   

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

DarkDaysBish-OP

My computer tells me I wrote 10 Metro Dredd stories - no many how many of these got drawn/published, or whether any of those that were got renamed. Anyway, here's my list:

Summer Solstice
Great Footballs of fire
Not Just a Cigar
Heatwave
Tate Retro
Mega-Olympics
Big Sister
Census or Senseless
Mean Time
Gidget Jones' Diary

TordelBack