Main Menu

Prog 2116 - Freak Out

Started by Tjm86, 26 January, 2019, 11:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhizzBang

I think some in this thread are being a bit harsh on the 3hriller since I am enjoying it very much. I really hope it somehow twists to a happy ending but I suppose this would go against the grain for a 2000ad short story so is not too likely.

CalHab

Likewise I'm enjoying the 3riller. It's got a bit of a Clive Barker vibe to it.

JamesC

Dredd is just fantastic. I love the robot judges.
In a way, I hope Hershey's departure means a major status -quo change in Dredd. I'd really like to see a big change up for Mega City 1. Possibly the Mechanismo programme finally gets a full roll out. Or if it goes wrong - again - how about subsidising the under-staffed Judge force with a return to a civilian Police force? It'd be like those very early progs where the police hand perps over to the Judges for sentencing.
Anyway - ramblng now.

The 3riller is fine. It's pretty entertaining and the art is quite nice.

Skip Tracer continues to be a waste of a good artist. To be honest I think it's a waste of a promising writer too. I think he should put his energies into a fresh project.

Brink was incredible as always. Brilliant.

Magnetica

Quote from: Will Cooling on 30 January, 2019, 01:50:57 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 27 January, 2019, 01:27:02 PM

Dredd is great, but I'm not sure how much mileage is left in the Dredd objects to the robot Judges story line. I'm much more interested in the Hershey moving on aspect. [/i]

Wagner has been mining Dredd vs Intelligent Robots since he returned to the strip in 1977. I'm sure he'll keep finding ways to keep it going.

Sure if anyone can Wagner can but even he got bored with the Dark Judges - they turn up, get new bodies, cause mayhem, get defeated by Dredd or Anderson, get put in storage....escape...repeat.

With Mechanimo it's generally been Chief Judge approves set of robo Judges, Dredd says you can't trust them and it will end in disaster, things go well for a while, then one goes too far, programme put on hold, Dredd says I told you so...until Chief Judge agrees to give it another go...repeat.

But I hope you are right and we are going to see something different.

Tiplodocus

Well, it's already looking different. He's asking , even if they work, what about the ethics of them judging humans.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Totally loving Dredd, expert mix of high level politics and their repercussions on the street, with Dredd as the link. The Happy shrapnel droid and the Big W seem to be symbiotic, true lay one of Thargs top teams if possibly the best now we've lost King Carlos.

Blink top proggage too, 3hiller suffers a bit being between these greats, but a nice vibe, liking it.
DDT did a job on me

metcalfecarr

Steve Austin and Pippa Mathers' aren't gelling for me on the 3riller.  While Mathers' colours are quite rich, I find Austin's art not suited to colour.  I've not really liked his stuff on 2000 up to date, I found it to be too over rendered at the inking stage, it was confusing to the eye and his anatomy and faces seemed off.  On this second episode it looks like he's fighting hard not to slap a bucket of ink on the page and it doesnt correspond with the light and form of the colours.

Or it could be that with the big fat flat blacks of McNeill and the open lines of INJ on Dredd and Brink, the distance between the artists' style and ability is that great all the flaws show more.   
Dave Metcalfe-Carr