Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When you explicitly in a person's face tells him that you have not watch the current season of a show and do NOT want to know what is going to happen. He then @ full blast rattle of everything that is going to happen in the show. >:(
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

I bought a shiny new motorbike just over a month ago - two and a half grand, great value but still about three months of extra work and saving for me. As the only form of personal transport I've had in two years, life instantly became more easier and more fun.

Last Monday morning, you guessed it, some prick stole it from outside my home.

Please don't give me any advice about how to secure it - I know.  My only hope is this: a neighbour of mine (possibly dodgy past but an absolute gent) spotted somebody riding it where he's from (also a slightly dodgy area). His adult son is planning to find who it is and deal with the problem.  Might not be possible, of course, but I'm not asking any questions but I won't lose any sleep.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

Ah, that's lousy, Jay. Best of luck getting your bike back and bad suss and curses on the pond-life that stole it.

Cheers and take care - Paddy

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

That sucks, JBC - hopefully the insurance will cover it if the Boys in Blue draw a blank.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IAMTHESYSTEM

Blimey! Hope you get some Justice, and your Bike back JBC.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

von Boom

Crikey, JBC, hope your bike finds its way back to you.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 May, 2019, 06:56:06 PM
Go full John Wick on 'em. :-)

I've found myself a whole lot less anti-violence than usual lately :)

Sharky, the Boys in Blue won't draw a blank - they won't even look.  When I lost money in a property scam a few years ago, I found the guy's address in fifteen minutes; it took them a year and a half to discover he'd already been in prison

It's either vigilante justice or the insurance, I'm afraid!

The Legendary Shark

Makes my blood boil that does, JBC.

Believe it or believe it not, I've recently become friends with a policeman. Of course, the day we met I told him all about my adventures with his colleagues - the false accusations they made against me, the "missing" cctv footage that showed what really happened and all the rest of it - and he just nodded resignedly. "All too common," he said sadly.

When I told him I eventually got a couple of grand off them to basically go away, his eyebrows shot up so fast he nearly knocked his own ears off. "Blimey," he said, "I'm impressed. People generally get fuck all off Lancashire Police."

He's told me other stories as well and I'm astounded how closely our opinions match. It's sad how this guy (who's been on the force for decades and is looking forward to retirement) and his colleagues know how poorly the police serve the public and how vigorously they protect themselves and the upper portions of society.

Out of uniform he's a nice bloke - he gave me a bottle of scotch today as a thank you for helping him out with a couple of unrelated and relatively trivial matters - and he can't wait to be done with his job.

It was hard for me to even talk to him at first but I'm glad I overcame my prejudice. It doesn't mean I'll ever trust the Force again, of course, but it goes to show that they're just normal folk under the uniform.

I hope you get your bike back, JBC, and don't have to resort to Bronsonesque shenanigans to do so.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 May, 2019, 08:07:09 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 May, 2019, 06:56:06 PM
Go full John Wick on 'em. :-)

I've found myself a whole lot less anti-violence than usual lately :)

Sharky, the Boys in Blue won't draw a blank - they won't even look.  When I lost money in a property scam a few years ago, I found the guy's address in fifteen minutes; it took them a year and a half to discover he'd already been in prison

It's either vigilante justice or the insurance, I'm afraid!

I'll tell you what I know: Fuck all, that's what.  I've just received a call from the boys in blue who have found my bike and checked it for fingerprints.  It was in the area where my neighbour said he spotted it - for all I know he may have had a hand in it being left out to find; I might never know.

I've bad-mouthed the coppers many times on this forum, but this time, well, I've got to hand it to them.

paddykafka

Delighted to see that your vehicle was recovered, Jaysus. And as you say, fair play to the Guards for their work in getting it back. Just hope that the officer in the link below is not the one investigating the theft, lol.

PS: Your story gives a new meaning to the expression: "Christ on a Bike!"  :D

https://www.memesmonkey.com/images/memesmonkey/b2/b2bb9abfbe62f8d6e490c7cbffbdcc7a.gif

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: paddykafka on 04 June, 2019, 08:17:58 PM

PS: Your story gives a new meaning to the expression: "Christ on a Bike!"  :D

Well played, sir! 😊

Odd situation, really - my hardcase, well-connected neighbour spots the bike in his own neighbourhood, he says 'leave it with me,' then 5 days later it shows up. I'll probably never know if anything went down behind the scenes.  Probably for the best.

JayzusB.Christ

Last post on the subject, sorry. Went to pick up my recovered bike the other day. What the old bill didn't tell me was that it was pretty much written off by the thieves trying to strip it for parts.  So all I have now is the scrap value and the hope of an insurance claim.  And the coppers only picked it up because it was unlicensed - it was the storage warehouse staff who recognised it had been stolen.  So I was wrong - the cops are pretty much as crap as I'd previously believed.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]