Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Arkady on 08 February, 2019, 07:38:51 AM
Anyone else's copy of the latest Dante pretty blurry in the first 3rd of the book?

Yeah, mine's the same. A little hard to read some of the dialogue at first glance. I had this in another of the volumes - can't for the life of me remember which one now, though! Like a minor misalignment of colour plates during the printing process.
@jamesfeistdraws

Arkady

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 13 February, 2019, 01:19:22 PM
Collected Robo Hunter volume 3 from my local Thrill-merchant this morning. To my surprise there was a copy of The Horned God attached. An enclosed note says there was a small misprint on the spine which this copy corrects. This happened before with one of the Nemesis volumes, didn't it? I'm not sure if I would have noticed or been too bothered if I had, but there it is.

Interesting. Mine is definitely off compared to Slaine vol.3.

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 13 February, 2019, 01:19:22 PM
Collected Robo Hunter volume 3 from my local Thrill-merchant this morning. To my surprise there was a copy of The Horned God attached. An enclosed note says there was a small misprint on the spine which this copy corrects. This happened before with one of the Nemesis volumes, didn't it? I'm not sure if I would have noticed or been too bothered if I had, but there it is.
Wow that's amazing news. I pointed it out to them on FB when Slaine v3 landed but there was never an official reply to say it was being fixed. Brill.

Jade Falcon

Meanwhile I have still been ignored regarding War on the Streets in Dredd after they said there was no fault.

Regarding Robo Hunter Volume 3, this was in my opinion about the best of them, the others were very much a product of their time and I'm glad they're not printing the relaunch.  However, there's still a ton of Slaine to go through.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Well I wasn't expecting that; issues 37 and 38 just dropped through the letterbox. Seems Hachette have decided not to let subscribers slip further off the release schedule after last months delays.  Of course that means many of us are still going to be about a month behind the shops but it was looking like it was going to slip to nearly 2 months behind for a while there so it could be worse.

IndigoPrime

I was told my 39 and 40 were to be dispatched on the 12th. No account activity, unsurprisingly, mind.

Mattofthespurs

Got the Halo Jones figurine today (which is thankfully undamaged considering it shipped in a box 4 times bigger than the figure with no packing) but no books.

Judgedreddrocks

If anyone is selling the halo figure, give me a shout

athorist

Quote from: Judgedreddrocks on 16 February, 2019, 03:33:19 PM
If anyone is selling the halo figure, give me a shout

There's one on ebay for £99, and now I regret not getting the premium subscription.

If no-one's got one here, might be worth putting a bid in
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Mattofthespurs

Geoff

Got my Halo this weekend too! Never thought there'd be a Halo Jones figure.  I don't know much about figurines, but I think she's great. Reasonable likeness and the clothes are a very good fit with the art. (Not for sale, sorry..) 

Pale fire

I guess one of the things that's a bit of a shame about the disrupted subscriptions is that the discussion on here is a bit scattered, as we're all on different issues.

I've just finished Bad company - really enjoyed that a lot. I liked the weirdness and the humour and the zombo like death toll which kept you on the edge of the seat wondering who would get picked off next.

I've now got the stront dog, Dante and ace trucking books in my to read pile, having opted to try and pace myself to the one a fortnight release schedule (and then, hooray, getting the most recent batch sooner than expected - hopefully they've sorted their systems now...)

In the meantime I picked up a bundle of Dredd mega collection books from the market. I'm enjoying them alright and for a fiver each they're a bit of a bargain. But I'm not so keen on the relentlessly bleak tone (in comparison to the variety in this collection).

Particularly enjoyed Kingdom 2 and am really looking forward to reading more Dante. Aquilla sounds interesting too (tho I've not got that delivered yet) and I'm looking forward to the conclusion of Shakira. I enjoyed the first book loads.

IndigoPrime

Incidentally, for anyone who was expecting 39/40 mid-month, I just got a reply:

QuoteIssue 39/40 were dispatched on the 22/02/2019. issues are in transit allow 7-14 days for the issues to arrive .

We apologize with the delay issue 40 was out of stock .
This puts my own subscription 25 days delayed this year alone, and we're less than two months in. That's... quite the 'achievement' for any subscription service.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 February, 2019, 12:09:50 PM
Incidentally, for anyone who was expecting 39/40 mid-month, I just got a reply:

QuoteIssue 39/40 were dispatched on the 22/02/2019. issues are in transit allow 7-14 days for the issues to arrive .

We apologize with the delay issue 40 was out of stock .
This puts my own subscription 25 days delayed this year alone, and we're less than two months in. That's... quite the 'achievement' for any subscription service.

Has everyone had the same delay? I haven't asked but am likely in the same boat as IndigoPrime as those are the issues I'm expecting. For those not expecting #40 was there also a delay?

IndigoPrime

I asked about 41/42. Under my original subscription, they should be dispatched on 1 March. If they were dispatched four weeks after 39/40,  it'd be 22 March. Seems they're going for in-between:

QuoteThe next dispatch is on and around the 10-15 march

So the 2018 holiday delay is now permanent and that they'd realign subs was another broken promise, but the latest delay is an unintentional blip. Possibly. I won't be surprised if I'm contacting them on 26 March, asking where my books are. (I couldn't really give a stuff about 39/40 either, but am really looking forward to 41/42, hence my hope they wouldn't be so heavily delayed. Alas...)