Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 January, 2015, 11:34:43 AM
Quote from: BPP on 15 January, 2015, 11:33:04 AM
FP won't have it (unless, as some intend, they go through a few creative hoops) as its not for LCS. Given those may have a back stock of Rebellion TPBs you can see the logic.

Forbidden Planet will be carrying it, as will selected comic book stores across the UK and Ireland.

Oh right. Mine is lying then. But no actual surprise as they've lied to me loads of times.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Molch-R

It depends on the manager (hence why we're not shouting about it) and does require them to figuratively jump through some hoops. Which is your local store?

J.Smith

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 January, 2015, 11:34:43 AM
Quote from: BPP on 15 January, 2015, 11:33:04 AM
FP won't have it (unless, as some intend, they go through a few creative hoops) as its not for LCS. Given those may have a back stock of Rebellion TPBs you can see the logic.

Forbidden Planet will be carrying it, as will selected comic book stores across the UK and Ireland.

Yeah, I saw this yesterday. Very good stuff and hopefully it means more people will even simply stumble across it by chance. But if FP are selling it, doesn't that mean people outside the UK and Ireland will be able to get copies after all? Was it just subscriptions through Hachette that were restricted to us?

Molch-R

Quote from: J.Smith on 15 January, 2015, 12:14:06 PM
Yeah, I saw this yesterday. Very good stuff and hopefully it means more people will even simply stumble across it by chance. But if FP are selling it, doesn't that mean people outside the UK and Ireland will be able to get copies after all? Was it just subscriptions through Hachette that were restricted to us?

No, Diamond are not carrying it - comic book stores are ordering it through a UK magazine distributor - so it will still not be available outside the UK and Ireland.

Edit: Though there is nothing to stop someone mail ordering copies through a comic book store just the same as they can ask a relative, friend, associate or internet stranger to order it for them and mail it on.

J.Smith

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. One day it hopefully will be then.

Skullmo

Surely this is the perfect opportunity for a business savvy youth to set up his own US distribution company sending copies to people in the US!

My first edition arrived today and it is really nice!

It's a joke. I was joking.

ManParrish

Pleasant surprise to find mine when I got home...did not expect it for another couple of weeks. Very please I subscribed  :D

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Zenith 666

There's no telly for you because I want to see your finished Judge Fear.

Rook

Got mine today - it's a beautiful book, so much nicer than the old trade I originally read "America" and "The Fading of the Light" in years ago.

Dandontdare

I'm not interested in subscribing because I've already got all of them in other formats, but I may cherry-pick the odd volume or two from FP, including this first one - don't suppose there's an index of future volumes anywhere?

Mangamax

Ha! Zenith, promise i'm only reading it while paint dries on bits of Fear  :D

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

ManParrish

Does anyone know the order in which the gifts come? I cannot find the original
Email and the website does not appear to clarify?

Ghost MacRoth

Badge, cup, coasters, free issue, bookends.  Never mentioned the poster they sent with #1!  Looking forward to the next already.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Zenith 666

mangamax fear looks great.ive got the Dredd 70mm but terrified to go near him with a brush.Especially after seeing some of the paint jobs online.