Main Menu

More Dreddcon Requests

Started by Tarantino, 29 September, 2005, 02:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

"While both the weekly comic and the Megazine are both very professionally produced, well-written and illustrated, there is sometimes a feeling that they have lost the anarchic, try-anything approach that characterised early 2000AD.

Do you think that this is inevitable in a comic that has been around as long as 2000AD? Or is it perhaps that the pressures of a shrinking editorial staff and a smaller comic market force the comic into tried & tested approaches?"

Very well put, I'd like to hear about that last one, though you would expect no response Zenith one, exactly because it is disputed.

The Amstor Computer

you would expect no response Zenith one, exactly because it is disputed

Yeah, I guess that would be the case, but it would be interesting to know whatever could actually be disclosed - even if it was just "the dispute is still ongoing".

Oddboy

Depends on who you get drunk with... in 2003 I heard a few bits & pieces of info about the Zenith books - from an unnamed drunken source and I was sworn to secrecy so don't expect me to tell - which came to nothing anyway.

Better set your phaser to stun.

Dudley

unnamed drunken source

That'd be J-BO-1, then.

When's the Revere GN coming out?

Oddboy

Not saying what he told me though :p (not that what he told me happened)

Dudley

Floyd -

No idea about your other questions, but I've just heard from Siku and he's definitely not giving up comics art, whatever that interview said.

He also said he'll be at Dreddcon: if he is, I'll get you a sketch.

Tiplodocus

Tharg - I've conducted a straw poll among the curent readership and discovered that they'd really like to see a future shock involving hot babes, chainsaws and an alien invasion.  Maybe you should look in your submissions pile and see if anything fits the bill?

The Star Scan thing is a great question.
As we unloaded all the old progs at Moniaive, I couldn't help but stare in wonder at the back pages of the earlier progs. Every week there was a different poster and starscan. Some mince, sure, but seeing different artists takes on characters was fabulous*.  

I'd vote for a page called Sketch Pad where you get an artist to draw a sketch of a character they aren't normally associated with for a nominal payment (it is only a sketch we want, not a page of fully painted art). Cheap and interesting filler for the prog, little bit of extra money in the artists pocket as he struggles to survive winter in his lonely garrett.

* except all the Ron Smith ones sucked.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Oddboy

Sketch Pad - that's a great idea. But rather then a full page, it'd make a good alternative for the weeks we don't have Droid Life or a competition.

paulvonscott

If anyone gets the chance, they could should 'NONSENSE!' during the 2000AD panel talk and see if Mek-Quake gets heavy.