Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Was there a fire or something Goaty?

Goaty

yes, landlord text me that it was severe fire....

HdE

Sweet Cheezus, Goaty - I hope everything's okay when you return!

We had an incident in my street a year or two back. Some nutter who had been evicted from his flat decided to sneak back in and torch the mattresses there. Given that our street is basically one long terrace, that could have been MIIIIIGHTY ugly.

Do be sure to post and tell us all how it goes, 'kay?
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Nap Normal

In the early hours of this morning we received one of those life changing calls. The call said my mother in law has only hours to live. She went into hospital last week complaining of chest pains. We all thought it was nothing serious but something has gone terribly wrong. It seems she was either given the wrong medication or given a huge overdose of the right medication. This has caused a mass infection which has spread to her heart and lungs. The Doctor said there is nothing more they can do except to keep her pain free and alive until we get there. Going to drive from London later today and should arrive in Dublin by tonight..
Seeing my beautiful girl in so much pain is breaking my heart.

Nap.
Falling in love makes you fat.

TordelBack

That's awful Nap, that kind of a drive is a nightmare - hope you both arrive safely. 

And Goaty: fingers crossed damage isn't too bad.

Kerrin

Ah crap, that's harsh Nap, thoughts are with your wife and yourself.

And hope your place is OK Goaty.

Goaty

Just got home, it messy next door, as major burnt hole on roof next to my room, no damaged in my house, my room ok, just damaged key door handle. Shite!

Thanks for supports.

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 30 January, 2011, 06:50:46 PM
Just got home, it messy next door, as major burnt hole on roof next to my room, no damaged in my house, my room ok, just damaged key door handle. Shite!

Phew!  Water damage alone could have screwed you royally, glad to hear the hassle was (relatively limited.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

That's awful news Nap.

Glad to here there wasn't that much damage, Goaty.

CrazyFoxMachine

Legendary Bond composer John Barry died this morning.

Dunk!

John Barry - Very sad news.

Will have Themeology on repeat all day.

The Midnight Cowboy music sends shivers down my spine everytime I hear it.
"Trust we"

Daveycandlish

In a word....  bugger :(

I think an evening of Bond soundtracks maybe in order
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Roger Godpleton

Milton Babbitt, composer of super serious smart people music. Also taught Sondheim at one point.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Awww, no! Margaret Johns has died.  :|
STRIKE !!!

exilewood

Milton Babbitt - great man. Sorry to hear it.