Main Menu

Prog 1658 - Righteous Kill

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 14 October, 2009, 06:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Mardroid

Another Stronty cover so soon? A nice one though, and a rather different style to the other (although I liked that too)!

mygrimmbrother

Bugger! I see these threads pop up and i REAALLLY try not to look, because I used to love the thrill of seeing the cover of the latest prog for the first time in the flesh so to speak. But I just can't help myself.

Dang.

Pete Wells

Cover - Really grown on me this. A striking image that completely captures the hard as nails attitude of our Jonny inside. Reminds me very much of a cracking Dogbreath cover by the wonderful Simon Coleby (I miss him, sniff!):

Dredd - A downright nasty episode, I liked how it showed events from last week. Oh and that mutie with the eyes on her knees in panel 2 was crackers! One question, Bubba from the Norm Channel looked familliar, I wonder if he's based on anyone?

Alpha - A very cool episode with Jonny being a real hardnut. Ha, Wagner finds a way to solve Jonny's dilema admirably, just like we all knew he would!

Shakara - Exciting stuff, best read wilst listening to some rousing classical music! The splash page of Brennedka's fleet arriving is amazing, some of those 'ships' are just bonkers. I love Henry flint so much it's silly!

Kingdom - Hmmm, I like to think of Gene as really quite thick and super faithful so I found his leaps of logic and his actions in this episode quite out of character. It's all exciting stuff nevertheless with a good old cliffhanger. Hats off yet again to Richard Elson for the amazing art.

Dirty Devils - Woah there, what's with characters acting out of context this week? Uriel does a complete 180 in this episode but I suppose old Lucifer has it coming, the tinker. I really like this strip, particularly Lee's artwork.

In all, a great mid-point prog. All hail Tharg the Mighty!

Jared Katooie

I'm not a fan of Ben Willsher's art by any stretch of the imagination, but I actually quite like that cover. Strange.