Main Menu

1924 - New readers Start Here!

Started by Bad City Blue, 27 March, 2015, 03:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Lady Warp Spasm on 01 April, 2015, 08:00:55 PM
Slaine - hurm, interesting. Way too short, but looks darn gore-gous. I keep getting distracted by the use of Gododin, but otherwise I can see the Drunes having a bit of trouble keeping Slaine's [spoiler]warp spasm[/spoiler] locked down.

Gododin?

I hope my talk of [spoiler]Warp-Spasm [/spoiler] didn't spoilt the surprise.

Reading on a phone is tricky.

I must get ne of those things, but hate the idea of carrying any device that I could be tracked with.

ZenArcade

Sure and who'd want to track our TS? Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Zenith 666

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 April, 2015, 05:49:55 PM
Quote from: Zenith 666 on 01 April, 2015, 01:22:42 PM
Just picked this up and not had a chance to read it but it's €4.02 now here in the Emerald Isle.i remember when it cost me 47p.feeling old but still it's cheaper than a pint of Guinness.by 28p :(

4.02 Euros is very precise! I guess while the comic is cheaper than a decent pint it will still represent value. Its a good benchmark in my mind.

Don't get me wrong here if it comes between the prog and a pint the pint will lose it's just I'm prepared to spend a lot more on the prog.just don't tell that monster Molch-R.

TordelBack

Quote from: ZenArcade on 01 April, 2015, 09:49:29 PM

Only the bravest of hunters would dare beard him in his lair - best to know when he's separated from his armoury. I've seen that axe in action - not gentle was its kiss. Unkindly too the Foe Hammer, forged in Gondolin when the world was still young, and a famous decapitator of bobbleheads.

Lady Warp Spasm

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 01 April, 2015, 08:15:36 PM
Slaine - hurm, interesting. Way too short, but looks darn gore-gous. I keep getting distracted by the use of Gododin, but otherwise I can see the Drunes having a bit of trouble keeping Slaine's [spoiler]warp spasm[/spoiler] locked down.

Gododin?

I hope my talk of [spoiler]Warp-Spasm [/spoiler] didn't spoilt the surprise.

Reading on a phone is tricky.

I must get ne of those things, but hate the idea of carrying any device that I could be tracked with.

No surprises ruined, sir. Besides Mr. Davis spoiled that on his Facebook, so I knew it was coming. 

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tordelback on 01 April, 2015, 10:12:31 PM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 01 April, 2015, 09:49:29 PM

Only the bravest of hunters would dare beard him in his lair - best to know when he's separated from his armoury. I've seen that axe in action - not gentle was its kiss. Unkindly too the Foe Hammer, forged in Gondolin when the world was still young, and a famous decapitator of bobbleheads.

My twin bobble heads are still fully intact ;)

Magnetica

Great Prog this week. I was really looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint.

Its always nice to have a Bolland cover (he is after all my all time number one artist). It is good to see the frequency of these increasing. That's what three in the last two years (2 in the Prog and 1 in the Meg) if memory serves?

Now if Tharg can just pursuade Mr Bolland to draw a Dredd strip for old times sake....

The Westinghouse VCB looks much better than the Lawgiver in this shot though.

The highlights for me were Slaine and Strontium Dog. I really do think Simon Davies art has reinvigorated Slaine.

As for Stront, I don't know if it just me, but Carlos's art somehow looks different. 

ZenArcade

Just finished reading the prog. Absolutely stunning prog. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Spikes

Just popped into town to pick this up...

Lovely glossy cover, and Part One of Enceladus waiting inside,  :thumbsup:
Cant read it yet, as I've Prog 1923 to read first.

Ahhh, a lazy Bank Holiday Friday, and two progs to read. Marvellous!

The Sherman Kid

Great prog, fantastic cover and glad to see the return of Grey area and Strontium Dog but confused by a couple of things.

-Thought all the Stix brothers were dead?

-Is the Black Widower Orlok? (why give that a whole page as well)?

DrRocka

Just picked mine up - very strong prog, with Dredd Slaine and Strong being the highlights for me. Great to see Stront start heading back out into classic territory once more. Grey Area was a fave of mine when it first began, then lost me over the last couple of stories, hopefully it'll get back on track now.

Orlok, though.... Bit random, innit? Could do with clarity rather than throwing "badaBOOM" into the mix at the earliest opportunity. Who the hell's the Black Widower? And more to the point, why should I even care at this point?

Fine prog though, and a top cover, Mr B.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Fungus

Decent jumpy on prog. Orlok a favourite of mine, so hope it starts to make more sense in tomorrow's thrilling instalment.

And keep the Bolland covers coming Tharg, there's a nice alien   :)

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 March, 2015, 08:03:25 PM
Mr Bolland does some stunning, innovative covers elsewhere and while this one just plain oozes with the technical skills the fella has in almost unequaled spades its a bit flat innit. Its a great set of portraits, but its just not that interesting. Come on Tharg let the man off his reins next time will ya.
This was exactly what I thought when I saw the preview of this cover and nothing's changed since then. If that's what he's asked to draw, then I suppose that's what he'll draw but it doesn't stop it being as dull as ditchwater.  When you compare it to even something like the witty, story-relevant Jack of Fables covers he was doing recently you can see what's missing.

Obviously, every story is just starting out so we know what we're getting. I've actually just reread the first two episodes of each so maybe I'll take it to the Prog 1925 thread. Dredd and, surprisingly, Slaine were the two I was most looking forward to coming into the relaunch.
We never really die.