Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Bloody Hell and bollocks.

Only I could have a damned heart attack at a funeral. Back in Liverpool hozzie with another stent added to the collection - a bit more hard work this time; my heart stopped three times during the op, which was a very weird experience!

Still alive, though, so that's a bonus!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Feck. Hang in there, Sharkman.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

By christ Sharks! Get better soon chum!
As an aside however it did remind me of this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOTW6gFQUlg

von Boom

Fecking hell, Sharky. :o

Hope you're on the mend. Feel better soon.

I, Cosh

Fucking Hell. Glad you're still here to post about it though.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Blimey! Keep on swimming Sharky.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

This is turning into a long night. Despite my bone-deep weariness, sleep eludes due to a plethora of tubes and wires, machines that go "ping" and an automatic blood pressure cuff that explodes into life every forty five minutes or so like a tyre-repairer's compressor. Then there's the pain in my ribs caused, I'm given to understand, by having my heart zapped back to life. Who knew that would feel like the aftermath of being kicked in the chest by a horse?

So there's nothing to do but lie here and contemplate the absolute nature of my own mortality. Without the not-so-tender caress of that electric horse, your beloved/reviled Shark would by now be nothing more than a memory instead of still assaulting your eyeballs with arrogant and condescending words. Even though I managed to exit the service under my own steam, causing the minimum of fuss, by giving me a heart attack at a funeral and having me ministered to outside by a very dapper undertaker, the Universe does seem to be laying it on a bit thick.

Still, the best part is the people - the ones from work and you guys, who are here for me in my Actual Hour Of.

It's almost enough to make me humble.

Almost... ;)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Ah Sharky, never change.

paddykafka

Jaysus, Sharkey! Hope you'll be on the mend soon. At least you managed to maintain your dignity despite your difficult situation, unlike the hapless Roy, as can be seen if you Google the link below. All the best, pal!

The IT Crowd - Series 2 - Episode 2: Heart attack

Proudhuff

Kia kaha sharpie, have PM'ed you.
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, everyone.

A quick status update for those what want one. All my readings seem fine, all the tubes and wires disconnected. Still tired and sore but not badly. Scan due tomorrow to assess any damage and then home in the next couple of days.

The weirdest part of this latest adventure on the edge of eternity was when my heart stopped during the procedure. One minute I was there, experiencing everything, then there was what I can only describe as an interruption (during which time zapping was applied but which was totally beyond my ability to experience), then I was back in the moment experiencing everything again aware only that something had just happened.

I won't be so melodramatic as to say that these three interruptions were death but they were at least the initial seconds of death. The weirdest thing is the knowledge that if I had died for real, I probably wouldn't have noticed. I honestly don't know how to feel about that!

I'll let you know what tomorrow's scan reveals.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Fungus

Wow. All the best for tomorrow , Sharkey.

The Legendary Shark

Scan done. No clots, no fluids, no significant
apparent damage, good rhythm - all looking
good.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Funt me! Missed all this.

Take care Sharkster, hope you keep recovering.

Theblazeuk

Good wishes and godspeed Sharky. Better be more casuistry in the thread not to be named or I'll ask the NHS for my money and the real shark back  ;)