Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Interesting, given that the Dante trade is very different design-wise.

The Adventurer

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 January, 2012, 07:33:21 PM
Interesting, given that the Dante trade is very different design-wise.

S&S is so erratic when it comes to their spines. Flawed design or not, at least Rebellion is consistent line-wide.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

vark

Quote from: The Adventurer on 10 January, 2012, 07:11:37 PM
Quote from: vark on 10 January, 2012, 07:08:23 PM
wait, 'when they exist'? ARe they hard to find, or not out yet? The Volgan Wars SCs matching kinda make me want to buy them as well. Even though I sort of loath the story.
I was talking about the numeration that has misteriously vanished with the volgan war.

The Adventurer

Quote from: vark on 10 January, 2012, 08:20:07 PM
Quote from: The Adventurer on 10 January, 2012, 07:11:37 PM
Quote from: vark on 10 January, 2012, 07:08:23 PM
wait, 'when they exist'? ARe they hard to find, or not out yet? The Volgan Wars SCs matching kinda make me want to buy them as well. Even though I sort of loath the story.
I was talking about the numeration that has misteriously vanished with the volgan war.

Well, it makes some sense that the Volgan War is being individual numbered. what with being broken up into 4 or more books (which sort of sucks? I guess.) But its rather less important, because it does remain consistent.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

James Stacey

It does make the Dante spine design decision even odder though. It would have been a perfect chance to get sad individuals like me to double dip (well triple as I have the hamlyn ed)

Colin Zeal

I'm going to stay out of this dicussion this time around. I am sat here shaking my head that this topic has started up again though.

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 11 January, 2012, 03:52:26 PM
I'm going to stay out of this dicussion this time around. I am sat here shaking my head that this topic has started up again though.

Colin, what's your opinion of the MADNESS that are the Mazeworld and Black Hawk spines?

SBT

Proudhuff

I really feel someone at Rebellion should shoulder the blame for this mess and fall on their whatsit
DDT did a job on me

Colin Zeal

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 11 January, 2012, 03:55:52 PM

Colin, what's your opinion of the MADNESS that are the Mazeworld and Black Hawk spines?

SBT

I don't think I've even looked at the spines of those trades. I'd be more worried about the content, certainly in Blackhawk's case.

Large48

Mind you, can we now start talking about the different sizes that the different language versions are?

Slaine, English / French / German / Italian are not all the same sizes etc......

You Spien freaks are small time, book sizes is where the pain is!!!!!!

>:(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Dandontdare

I had a dilemma when shelving all my old french-language books when I finished uni - their spine text runs the other way so you have to tilt your head left instead of right to read along a shelf of 'em. If they're mixed with English books, it's just anarchy. You could shelve them upside down and they'd look the same, but deep down you'd always KNOW they were upside down, and that would clearly be unacceptable.

COMMANDO FORCES

They might as well wrap the books in a plain white cover for all the trouble they take over the spines. It's not too much to ask for that all the spines line up and to be told a load of old guff about why they can't is just not on. I find it strange that other companies can manage it easily enough in the 21st Century  :o

Emperor

Indeed, until we can get the left-right / right-left business sorted to my satisfaction* discussing the spine trade dress is like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. Madness.

* i.e. everyone agrees with me. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

COMMANDO FORCES

Book 1 always goes to the left and that is the LAW!

James Stacey

The Emperor, single handedly re-writing Dewey Decimal.