Main Menu

Star Wars Episode 7 and Disney buy Lucas Film

Started by willthemightyW, 30 October, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

It's funny, I'd usually be first in line and to complain about implausible swordfights, but everything about [spoiler]that final duel worked fine for me on first viewing (apart perhaps from Convenient Chasm syndrome) - it was a big messy brawl in the dark, visceral and gripping.[/spoiler] I also honestly didn't know how it was going to play out, which was great.

I'd have given a great deal for Anakin and Obi-Wan's duel to have been more like this one.

ZenArcade

So I haven't heard much about the new film on the forum....is it any good?  :-\ Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Spikes

The best bit was when Darth Vader kills Yoda at the end.

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: ZenArcade on 27 December, 2015, 02:07:04 PM
So I haven't heard much about the new film on the forum....is it any good?  :-\ Z

I love it, great stuff. Seen it twice.  :thumbsup:

ThryllSeekyr

Now I know who is Fasma....

That tall girl from Game of Thrones who doesn't scrub up so badly out side of that show and I wonder if she'll ever return from the trash compactor?

Also wonder if her (and I read it somewhere else!) special armour suit wasn't meant for the Kylo-Ren (and this was considered!), but they want him to be that way. otherwise, why not make her the Vader villain character instead of him or combine both characters. I could see her playing that role much better though. Because I think I might have liked that idea of a female arch-villain.

You see Kylo-Ren doesn't impress me at all, but Fasma despite her temporary fate. She's feels more enigmatic.

To make this work, I would have also got rid of Rey and just had Finn as the hero. Because a female hero and female villain seems a bit too neat.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 23 December, 2015, 04:29:48 PM
[spoiler]Finn isn't a potential Jedi. He is not in anyway i tune with the force.[/spoiler]

You know...[spoiler]There was no mention of midichlorians whatsoever in the new film. I think what will happen is the force will written to be like what is in the original trilogy, a energy all living beings can tap into etc.[/spoiler]

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 27 December, 2015, 08:43:58 PM
[spoiler]I think what will happen is the force will written to be like what is in the original trilogy, a energy all living beings can tap into etc.[/spoiler]

Maz Kanata paraphrased The Force explanation as per the original trilogy.

GordonR

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 27 December, 2015, 08:38:50 PM
To make this work, I would have also got rid of Rey and just had Finn as the hero. Because a female hero and female villain seems a bit too neat.

So, basically, you've come up with another way - Rey is a Force-controlled puppet of Luke's, Rey is a figment of Han's imagination, and now Phasma should be the main villain so Rey can't be the main character - to reduce or remove Rey from the story.

And why is it 'too neat' to have a hero and villain that are the same gender if they're both female but not if they're both male?  Take your time to come up with an answer that isn't just more of your raw misogyny.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: GordonR on 28 December, 2015, 08:38:29 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 27 December, 2015, 08:38:50 PM

So, basically, you've come up with another way - Rey is a Force-controlled puppet of Luke's, Rey is a figment of Han's imagination, and now Phasma should be the main villain so Rey can't be the main character - to reduce or remove Rey from the story.

And why is it 'too neat' to have a hero and villain that are the same gender if they're both female but not if they're both male?  Take your time to come up with an answer that isn't just more of your raw misogyny.

Well, would you agree that Star Wars started out as primarily a man or boys Scifi-Fantacy and it's slowly acquired female fans after it's main stream success. Yet, I still this a male dominated fantasy and it may be wrong to just have main characters that female or female main characters that are supported by other female characters while pitted against a female villain.

You might have guessed, I had to Google the meaning of that word and found it a little misleading.

Sure, I've haven't had much luck with women in my life so far and I feel threatened by the ones trying to take my rightful place. Of course, I might feel that way about anybody.

Yet, I don't actively seek out women just to demean them in any way. I just target anybody who gets in my way for the soul purpose of annoying me.

I don't mind it when a women succeeds in a world dominated by men, yet I no longer feel that the world is dominated by men. So what's the big deal about women getting their way. This time more about women crushing men underfoot than anything else.

Most women who do give me a hard time these days, don't do so. Unless they have the advantage and rightly so. I guess. Like, if they were armed, or had the support of some authority or hiding behind the anonymity of the internet or the advantage of having more inter-web smarts than I do. This could be a person of either gender as well.

I do try to get on with the ones who I come face to face with. Unless their actions toward me have become undeniably despicable and once again this could be men as well.

I think my problem with women is only when it seems personal.

Anyway, getting back on subject. I just figured, Phasma (Yeah, I found out today her name is spelt that way!) would have made a better Sith-Lord replacement following in the footsteps of Vader than just a prominent trooper. I thinkKylo-Ren makes this film look bad with his presence.

I don't see how you find this about misogyny.......I also like Rey and understand her tendency to be a little abrasive comes from her harsh scavenger upbringing. Yet, I find her light-sabre skills not in proportion with her apparent lack of training. Of course, the reason for this is perhaps yet to be revealed. I'm not so sure her using the mind trick on that Trooper. Where did she get the idea that she was force sensitive (And when you consider my confusion here, please remember that I wasn't so attentive watching this film twice that I could process and recall every detail without seeing this a few more times!) or was she just reaching for anyway out when she was strapped in that interrogation chair?

I like Rey but could easily imagine this film without her. Possibly replaced by Finn or even Luke minus the plot about using a lost section of star map to find him. 

On the subject of making this film more female dominated regarding the casting. This might be like gender swapping the female cast of Sex of the City. Would anyone still watch that show if that was the case.

The same goes for this new Ghost-Busters film being taken over by females. So far, it just sounds really dumb. yet, I won't elaborate on this until the film is out. 

Hawkmumbler

Oh god why did I even bother reading that?! "My rightful place" indeed!

Mods? Kindly redirect this to another thread please, I don't want this to go the way of the MM thread.

Leigh S

I actually think a gender swapped Sex and the City would work and can't believe something much like it doesnt already exist - I suspect it at least as popular amongst women as the original.

Steve Green