Main Menu

Block Names

Started by james newell, 30 November, 2019, 03:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james newell

Is there a list anywhere of mega city block names from the stories of Judge Dredd?

I met a guy in the pub and we got talking about comics and he told me he met a Dredd artist in Belfast a few years back and the artist said he might put his name in the background of a panel, I am just curious if it ever happened.

If it ended up as a bit of graffiti it might never be found, but if it was actually a block name there might be a chance of identifying it, if it exists at all.

thanks
james

Steve Green

The only one I can remember is John Caliber's City of Dredd which listed pretty much every location, but I think that stopped around 2013ish.

It could also be covered by a speech balloon.

Richard

What name are you looking for?

sheridan

A totally incomplete category on a wiki may be useful (some day, probably not today).
Category: Mega-City One blocks

pauljholden

Quote from: james newell on 30 November, 2019, 03:07:06 PM
Is there a list anywhere of mega city block names from the stories of Judge Dredd?

I met a guy in the pub and we got talking about comics and he told me he met a Dredd artist in Belfast a few years back and the artist said he might put his name in the background of a panel, I am just curious if it ever happened.

If it ended up as a bit of graffiti it might never be found, but if it was actually a block name there might be a chance of identifying it, if it exists at all.

thanks
james

Well, I'm just gonna say: if this was me, I've totally forgotten about it, sorry unnamed block guy!

-PJ

james newell

the guy's name is "Noel Tate", do not appear to be on the wiki list anyway.

thanks P.J., I thought the only 3 names at him I knew might be from Northern Ireland, yours, Will Simpson & John McCrey, but he said there was a lot of drink involved and it was a while ago.

thanks for all your help.

j

sheridan

Up to 179 blocks on the wiki (none of which are Noel Tate).

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 12 April, 2020, 04:11:06 PM
Up to 179 blocks on the wiki (none of which are Noel Tate).
Having just finished the 1983 annuals, now up to 210 named blocks (and conapts).

Pete Wells

I think you'll find there's only one block in Mega City One...

Bolt-01

Ah, Pete - a lovely piece.

TordelBack

Surely that scrofulitic old ruin has been condemned by now?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 April, 2020, 11:20:54 AM
Surely that scrofulitic old ruin has been condemned by now?

It has a preservation order on it, due to being the only block in MC-1 to house a functioning branch of Greggs.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Pete Wells

A Greggs on every floor! Two on level 228!

TordelBack

"Synthi-pasty"? Is there any other kind?

sheridan