Main Menu

HOT DANG DOODLE!

Started by Kerrin, 28 January, 2009, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilFord

A Work In Progress - I'd thought originally to use this as a base to build a big widescreen wallpaper to give away on my website. It was going to be a battlefield after the battle with this beastie gathering up the severed heids in a wee bag.

Kinda ran out of gas because work was so busy at the time, so... what you fink? Worth finishing? I like bits of it, dunno though - it feels a little daunting, but I'd also like to see her finished.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: M.I.K. on 02 November, 2010, 05:28:51 PM
Best? Yes. Original? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcLxsOJK9bs

I stand corrected! That's a fine monster too - seems to have been made by pouring skin-and-guts flakes onto a skeleton. the old-fashioned sinister stalking walk is always good. Also like 'A liberal adaptation' in the opening credits - if only Hollywood could be so honest these days.

Top work, by the way, Neil.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

markchilly

Here's a 10 minute doodle of my 2yr dog...Bruce.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Very spontaneous looking lines. Really good doodle.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Greg M.

He is a very distinguished looking dog.  :)

Hoagy

I painted a dog like that once. And was quite impressed when it could be compared to Simon Davis bold canvas work by me, my worst critic.

The dog was at the centre of a domestic. Your dog could do with a ball, mr chilly, at its left knee giving a little angular distance, a percentage of the ball off the page?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Kerrin

Hot doggy doodle! Great sketch Mark.

And I think you should definitely carry on with that piece Neil.

NeilFord

Thanks chaps, likey will slap a bit more paint on old baldy. Aso working on a larger 2000AD themed peice, a couple of snapshots below, gonna paint it up I think.

JayzusB.Christ

Verrrrrry nice, Neil! Bit of Dave McKean / Bill Zinkywink (or whatever he's called) going on there. Also a bloody good dog, there, Mark.

Here's the latest in my 10-minute marker caricature Odyssey.
Who's this?
[spoiler]Brian Blessed, of course.[/spoiler]

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Emperor

Love the Dredd but the Death picture is real winner, he really suits your style:

Quote from: NeilFord on 04 November, 2010, 11:57:42 AM
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

Quote from: NeilFord on 04 November, 2010, 11:57:42 AM
Thanks chaps, likey will slap a bit more paint on old baldy. Aso working on a larger 2000AD themed peice, a couple of snapshots below, gonna paint it up I think.

I have no idea how you do it but i love the cross hatching effect on your pics.Its a really interesting effect.Its also good to see someone else working in BW instead of color.

Good work but JD has a look of a Sov-Block judge.

If you use software to get the effects you do then dont even bother explaining it to me as i dont use any software at all and i wont have a clue what you are talking about as i know nothing about it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Danbo

Dredd redesign doodle,just wondering what they are going to do to Dreddy om film..
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yeah I think that the film Dredd will look something a kin to this.

Excellent concept design DanboJohnJ
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

CrazyFoxMachine

I think we'll be lucky if it looks this faithful - but yes, very smart looking thing there Danbo