Main Menu

I MISS FINN

Started by eddiemohan, 08 April, 2003, 05:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

'Could it be that the current editor(s) don't want to stand up to Pat, or is this whole subject Bandwagonesque where it's an easy subject to jump on'

I think that you've got something there. I get the feeling it's kind of: 'It's Pat Mills, therefore we will buy whatever he submits.'

I have really high hopes for the new ABC series, but, especially with Carlos drawing it.

opaque

Finn was great, and the art was amazing.
What annoyed me though was when I got hold of back copies of Crisis was that it was supposed to be linked. No way would I have put them in the same world. Just as well I never knew it when it first came out.

Proudhuff

I'd like him to return, wasn't the sex stuff in it supposed to upset and annoy?
WW3 was great especially for that time, some of the content of it was preachy but when you find out about what the multinationals are up to, it either makes you evangelical or you give up, a bit like the discussion above!!!

Proudhuff
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

'wasn't the sex stuff in it supposed to upset and annoy? '

>Perhaps it was, but isn't that a lazy way to prevoke a reaction?

'WW3 was great especially for that time'

>You're right in everything you say here, but I did say I thought that WW3 was just about the last great thing Mills has done.

Tiplodocus

I've got nowt against Pat Mills, Crisis or Third Wolrd War, I just didn't like FINN in 2000AD.

A shame because Pat Mills stories in early 2000AD were what got me rolling in comics.  

I like mature stories and have no objections to sex and violence appearing as it doesn't offend me.  But I didn't like FINN.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

rs_jr

any chance of ever getting a collected Finn or rebellion feels it won't sell as well?

broodblik

This is what I know, the rest of Finn as far as know was not reprinted:

Finn Book 1 reprinted in Judge Dredd Megazine 329
Finn Book 2 reprinted in  Judge Dredd Megazine 361
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

Is this a necropost record? 15 years!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

AlexF

Gosh I never thought to check the dates when reading this thread!
Was all about to say 'but what about Defoe, one of Mills's best ever series - but of course that came many years later.

I kinda like Finn, especially the first two series. And indeed the specific location of it all in Plymouth/Cornwall is great; 2000AD has a proud traditional placing strips in particular parts of the UK. A simple but effective way to really connect with readers. (Well, not all of them, but the ones who love it LOVE it!)

Trout

The weirdest thing is, just today I was reading something in which there was a reference to someone "literally" having "lost the plot" and I frowned at the phrase, thinking it a little clumsy. Now I discover I used the same phrase myself 15 years ago.

I think this is making my brain foggy.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

JayzusB.Christ

What Jim said. It had all the elements of a great strip, and it wasn't.  Merry Christmas!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Monarch

oh my god i was such a canon fodder loving wally back in 2003 wasn't i  :lol:

TordelBack

Quote from: The Monarch on 24 December, 2018, 04:47:30 PM
oh my god i was such a canon fodder loving wally back in 2003 wasn't i  :lol:

Consistency is a virtue.